I'm new to the forums and I'm fairly new to the audio game and trying to do it my self. So keep that in mind.

I have 50 feet of 1/0 xs power wire. I plan on doing the big 3 first. I have a 2005 Cadillac Escalade.  While doing some read ups I over saw that there is no body ground. Anybody else have this issue? 03-06 Tahoe, Suburban, Escalade, Yukon all are pretty much the same.

I plan on getting 35' of 2/0 for the power run to the back to a power/ground block. Will the 1 power run be enough? Am I on the right track? Insight and tips from you pros would be greatly appreciated. 

System is nothing spectacular.

Have:

Kenwood Headunit

1500 watt amp for 2 Alpine Type R

Looking at

600x4 amp for door speakers

New door speakers

If we’re talking ofc wire use 1/0

2/0 is for way more than a 1500 watt amp

For big three do these steps (use 1/0 ofc as a minimum) 

battery positive to alternator

battery negative to alternator bracket (ground)

Battery negative to frame (you mention there’s no body ground, I’m not sure how there is none surely there is atleast one. Take a look at your battery and look at the negative side of your battery follow the wires to where they take you 

1 hour ago, The1lancaster said:

Mike4068 It'll be ok to run the power through 1/0 to a bar and run 1/0 from bar to sub amp and 4 gauge to multi channel amp?

In order to figure this out we should look at the fuse ratings for these amps. Need the names of the amps 

in total the two should not go beyond 300 amps (fuse rating of 1/0 ofc)

Honestly I'm torn between my 2 10" Alpine type R with a " I think" 1500 watt Digital audio amp

Or

Jl audio 10" w7 with jl audio 1000/1 amp

I have xs power 1/0 ofc wire already.

I'm not sure if there is a body ground I just read a place where there might not be and it threw me off guard a little shall you say. Like I said I'm fresh to the game here.

I'm leaning towards the type r's mainly cause there are 2 of them. I want to hide them as much as possible. Thinking about 1 in center counsel and 1 behind drivers side rear panel.

So a frame ground going to a bar would be beneficial? I wouldn't need a ground from battery to the bar? My plan is the power/distro block from SMD. I really appreciate all of your time helping out this noob here.

center console ? I’m curious how that’d fit.

have any pics of where you plan to place the subs?

two 10s offer more cone area and coils to distribute heat so I’d go with two. 

8 minutes ago, The1lancaster said:

I'm leaning towards the type r's mainly cause there are 2 of them. I want to hide them as much as possible. Thinking about 1 in center counsel and 1 behind drivers side rear panel.

So a frame ground going to a bar would be beneficial? I wouldn't need a ground from battery to the bar? My plan is the power/distro block from SMD. I really appreciate all of your time helping out this noob here.

Bar? Are you talking about the distribution bar? Some are distribution of both positive and negative so it depends

Archived