Second Skin Audio

Trying to use up a box

Hello,  been lurking for a while.  This is my first post. 

Long story short I’m coming off a 10 year hiatus from car audio after I clipped my last system and wrecked everything.  

Around that time I decided to rebuild the right way and had a box made by Davetheboxguy for a single 12” fi btl neo.  Some life changing stuff happened and i never got around to installing.  I sold the sub and amp but I still have the box. 

My main question here is that I would like to run this box with a sundown sa12 on a 1000 watt amp.  It is 2.5 cubes tuned to 33hz.  Is this too big for an sa12?  Do I need to consider another sub?  I would buy another fi but I don’t want to wait that long. Thanks!

Box alittle big for a SA maybe go with the X12 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

It should be fine, just be sure to set your subsonic filter to no lower than 26 Hz. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived