Second Skin Audio

Dayton HO 10

ToNasty

I got this sub.  And its what im using in my truck now. Only issue is. I dont know what net area or port area i need for it. Parts express sort of tell you but i dont really believe that.  As other tell me it needs more area

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rss265ho-4-10-reference-ho-subwoofer-4-ohm--295-462

This is the sub. Will be getting rated power. I just need to know area and port area

I know its not an output machine and thats not what i want. I need it to be musical

Thanks again to anyone tbat can help

I've been using that sub in my home theater setup,  they are awesome subs.  

I'd suggest a 1.2 cu ft box tuned to 30 Hz.  17 sq in of port area, the port will have to be long.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

1 hour ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

I've been using that sub in my home theater setup,  they are awesome subs.  

I'd suggest a 1.2 cu ft box tuned to 30 Hz.  17 sq in of port area, the port will have to be long.  

Id have to do a port like shown below. My configuration would be center console since its a regular cab with sub firing at the back wall and port firing forward under the dash. If you underdtand what i mean

This os an sq build and my midbass will br crossed somewhere in the 70-80hz region

abebejyt.jpg

My calculations looks like my port will be about 13.5 wide and 1 3/8 tall about 40" long

Might be easier to grab a second and do 2 ported on low power. Only issie is. With what im working with. 1 would have to fire backwards and 1 would have to downfire. Each would get about 400 watts at that point to

That seems like a lot of work you may or may not be happy with. 

I’d build a test down fire with a long pvc port firing forwards and make tuning decisions from there  ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

4 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

That seems like a lot of work you may or may not be happy with. 

I’d build a test down fire with a long pvc port firing forwards and make tuning decisions from there  ...

The issue with that is the port most likely couldn't be over 4" diameter. and I dont know what size to use  but I know it would be at least 36" long

6 hours ago, ToNasty said:

Id have to do a port like shown below. My configuration would be center console since its a regular cab with sub firing at the back wall and port firing forward under the dash. If you underdtand what i mean

This os an sq build and my midbass will br crossed somewhere in the 70-80hz region

abebejyt.jpg

I don't see any issue with using a labyrinth style port like this for your particular application.  There can actually be some sound quality benefits to using a labyrinth port and since you aren't going for crazy SPL I don't think you will have any issues with it.  

Based on the port calculator I use, a 1.375" x 13.5" will need to be 38" long to tune 1.2 cu ft to 30 hz.  Its long, but not unreasonable. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

3 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

I don't see any issue with using a labyrinth style port like this for your particular application.  There can actually be some sound quality benefits to using a labyrinth port and since you aren't going for crazy SPL I don't think you will have any issues with it.  

Based on the port calculator I use, a 1.375" x 13.5" will need to be 38" long to tune 1.2 cu ft to 30 hz.  Its long, but not unreasonable. 

Defnetely doable.  And yes this is an SQ build.  I need it musical not loud. Of course I like my bass and want to hear it. But I know I have to sacrifice  a little output.  No I just need to find someone to model this for me. So I can get building. (I dont have a computer  at the moment. All this is done on my phone

4 hours ago, ToNasty said:

The issue with that is the port most likely couldn't be over 4" diameter. and I dont know what size to use  but I know it would be at least 36" long

45s or 90s ...

I’ve used a couple a time or two ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived