Jump to content

single 6.5 sub for mid-bass?


Casparado

Recommended Posts

Posted

If you want us to tell you to that a center console is ok for mid bass ... as far as us Audiophile guys ... not going to happen. There's a link on my signature explaining theories and principles of Sound Quality.

Also .. Search YouTube for the Zierbox Ranger ... You may get some ideas there ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAz__zffKho&t=194s

Good luck Sir

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted

Thanks White Lightning for the video. I've already looked into doing the kick panel but I have the same problem as in the video... I would have to modify the parking brake. That would normally not be that big an issue but I have ridiculous clown feet and I'm worried that it could become an issue. I already have issues hitting the brake when I'm trying to hit the clutch. .... I know I know, personal problems.... That being said... maybe I could just shorten the armature on it instead of moving it to the right? I should look into that..... kick panels were my first thought but the pedals in the ranger are already close together. 

(edit) and I've clicked that link in your sig prolly a half a dozen times in the past. It's great for definitions but I'm the kinda guy that wants the "why" behind everything.) 

Posted

The kick panels were mid range drivers ... the mid bass / sub bass drivers were installed into the doors with massive modification. treating your doors will help with your 5.25" drivers produce better mid bass.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Posted
5 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

The kick panels were mid range drivers ... the mid bass / sub bass drivers were installed into the doors with massive modification. treating your doors will help with your 5.25" drivers produce better mid bass.

My doors are treated. One of the problems with massively modifying my doors are the windows are manual cranks. I know there are fixes for that but you gotta choose your battles, ya' know? 

Posted

I know there's a lot wrong here, and a lot of variables that I am trying to work with and not change. If it were easy I wouldn't be asking the question.

Posted
Just now, ToNasty said:

What is in the doors right now? Most people just throw In deadener and call it good. There is more that can be done to improve 

I bought a Riv-nut kit and installed threaded fasteners around the big opening so I could close off the big gap. However all the small square openings that the panel secures to are still open, and there are a few holes here and there. 

Posted

Besides that I only have sound deadener. I could add some cushion type material... I know... 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1171 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...