Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

(2?) Rockford Fosgate Team 15 box.


Splecc

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

Im looking for some subwoofer specs and a box plan for a Rockford Fosgate Team 15(s?).

I got two of them, running at 1,4ohm on a sd8k, in a 170liter(6cuft), with a 8 inch aero shooting to right rear quarter panel, tuned to about 35hz, meter 148db @52hz sealed and legal with only 2,2kw coming from the amp after rise, in a alfa romeo 147 hatcback. They were right side in when metered. My question is, if im going full spl build with this woofer(s), should I use only one, wired at 0.7, or go with 2? Cant really find specs on these woofer and zero build logs with them. My goal is to break the 150db mark. Could someone provide me box desing for a spl box and a box plan for daily driving or even some suggestions? I got 35,4x16,5x18,8 inches to work with and going to use 21mm(0.82inch) baltic birch and 54mm for the front baffle. Pic of the setup below.

 

 

received_535221823947793.jpeg

Posted

I'll help ya.

Those things got 400 oz motors. The are one of tc sounds greatest creations IMHO. I'd find an amp that's ok with half ohm and drop to . 35 ohms

Breaking 150 with those should be easy as pie.

Give them 3.5 cubes each tuned to 33hz.

Posted

I really cant fit 7,5 cubes of box in my boot and i wont take out the rear seats, its a daily driver.. I had a kicx qs 1.3000 before the sd and did a 147,4 in the same setup wired to 0.35. Im real happy with the sd and wont swap that either. I would think that, shipping would be more costly than these things are worth, so no point in that. 

Posted

So i modeled a box, 4.06 cuft after braces, sub and port, tuned to 33hz with 43.25sqinch of port and 21inch long. Does that sound any good to you box wizards?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7670 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...