Recommendation for SQ 8" midbass

GeorgeLukas

I'd like to hear what speakers have been good for you guys when it comes to midbass.

My personal application is for 8" speakers that will install into sound treated sealed doors.

I'd like to find something for about @200 pair or less.

SQ is a preference but I'd like it to have the potential to get loud. Will be going 3 way active.

I see old reviews of the JL ZR800 being awesome but they are discontinued. Is there something comparable to them?

I'm looking at the RF PS4-8. They look like they can get loud but what about SQ?

Any tips are appreciated.

1 hour ago, ToNasty said:

Best I've heard yet is the audio development w800neo.   I've yet to use one that plays as good as it does 

Yea, they seem to be pretty sweet. I think their a bit out of my league. Looks like over $400 a pair. 

You know anything about Wavcor speakers? I've never heard of em but one of their top offerings is at Parts Express. 

Wavcor 8

I’ve never really had a reason to bump up to 8” midbass drivers ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

3 hours ago, Boone said:

What other size speakers are u running?

Its a fresh build. Nothing is set in stone.

Was thinking about some 3.5 or 4s along with a pair of tweeters. I have some 3.5 bullet tweeters in the factory location in dash at the moment. However, now I see people saying that bullet tweeters are terrible in cars and once everything is amped, my SQ will suck.

I'm going to be doing a little glass work for the 8's to go in the doors and I could mount tweeters right next to them. Then I'd use the factory location in dash for some 3.5 or 4" midrange. I've been trying to find a way to fab 8's and 6's into my door but there just isn't enough room with the stupid window crank there.

Was thinking of finishing off with a ZCON 15 in the trunk.

947218965_treatedouter-.thumb.jpg.2262a23686d9b324e0fa8f13db5f2562.jpg

Archived