CommonSyns Posted November 22, 2019 Report Posted November 22, 2019 I might be doing something wrong, but when I previously installed my 80-PRS in my 01 Jeep WJ and my Skar Audio 1500.v1 I used my DD-1 to get the distortion measured until distortion was detected. Years later, from 2013 when I originally purchased all my audio gear, now in 2019 I am totally sure that I am getting different results for distortion on my DD-1 using the same amp and same headunit. I used my DD-1 to get the maximum power before my headunit started to distort, which is my 80-PRS, now when I measure it I am sure that something has changed besides it just being in a different vehicle. A 98 Jeep TJ 4.0 from a 00 Jeep WJ with the same engine. My result of the measurement of the 80-PRS with my DD-1 is that now it detects that it distorts at 43 out of 62 volume. I am pretty sure that when I did this back in 2013 my 80-PRS made the distortion light turn on to a constant red at 60 volume. The only thing that has changed since I have had the amps, DD-1, CC-1 & my DEH-80PRS is the vehicle that is housing all of this. In this case a 1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ. Besides that the only thing different would be the subwoofers and the 2 front speakers, the rear speakers are the same as when I had them in my WJ. I am using my same JL 360/4 Amp and only one of my Skar Audio SK1500.Dv1s. If this helps at all, I am using a different OHM load for my subwoofers, they are DVC 4 OHM so I wired them together to get a final OHM of 4 OHM. Again, this probably isn't relevant but my subwoofers are Eclipse Aluminum cone. Anyone have suggestions that I may try? Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box) Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1 Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1 Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1 JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 DEH80-PRS XS Power d3400 Singer Alternator 275A 98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed
CstrokerV Posted November 22, 2019 Report Posted November 22, 2019 Are any adjustments different everything still put on flat? my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
CommonSyns Posted November 25, 2019 Author Report Posted November 25, 2019 I had a user error, I didn't know that the internal amp for the DEH-80PRS was turned back on and that was throwing off my readings. On another note, to set the gains on my 1500.1 with an PAC-LC1 I have to max the LC1 then set the gains with the DD-1 right? I am having some trouble when I try to set my gains with my DD-1. If I don't have the LC1 maxed then my DD-1 does not pick up the signal. But vice versa if I do. I really don't remember having this problem when I did my system back in 13 with the same head unit, amp and DD-1. I really am not sure what I am doing wrong. Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box) Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1 Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1 Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1 JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 DEH80-PRS XS Power d3400 Singer Alternator 275A 98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.