Second Skin Audio

Box placement question in trunk

Scotnemily

I was just curious if there is a general rule of how far the subs should be from the rear seat. the reason I ask is in my car there is a solid metal back behind the rear seats and my subs and ports are both facing forward to blow through the sky pass through. While the space in front of the subs is not air tight, I can't help thinking it isn't going to try to behave as a 4th order box. If it does, then I would think I would want more space between the subs and the seat, if not or it wont matter, then I would want the subs closer as to gain more trunk space.

anyway thanks for the help!

If your subs and port are forward towards the rear seat, then you need to seal off around the box from the truck. Or turn them rear fire.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

Ok what about placement? The box is not sealed air tight, but is pressed snuggly around all sides. How sealed does it need to be?

Don’t want to. Firing to the rear would be a waste. The box would totally close off the only open area going into the car. If the box was smaller this would not be a problem. The last subs were facing to the rear. It won’t work this time. That is why the ports are in the center and facing the same way as the subs. It will only work facing the front.

Archived