Second Skin Audio

What would "you" do with these subs ???

Fish Chris

So I'm currently going to do an isobaric tuned port enclosure for my 15" Dayton HO's..... But this is "only" an experiment. It should be easy, and cheap (less than $100,  even if I end up covering the box to make it pretty) 

I have had these subs in a regular side by side tuned ported enclosure, and they did okay... but that box was a bit over sized... 7 cubes so 3.5 cubes each..... Not the most musical setup, even though guys always say 15"s can be as musical as 10"s and 12"s. That has not been my personal experience.

I've built SO many tuned ported enclosures... probably 18 or 20 of them. And I've done a few sealed, which ALWAYS sucked, so I'm through with those. I'm still interested in T-lines, but never seem to find "fool proof" designs for a T-line build... and too much work to have one fail.

So, what other kinds of designs would some of you choose, which are NOT hit or miss ? Which will give me a pretty flat response from 80-100hz down to 25.... with a nice hump down low ? I can go as large as 6 or 7 cubes... 8 to 10 cubes outside...

5th order.... 8th order... 11.6'th order :) lol Whatever. Just show me a diagram, and tell me why you would choose it for my subs ?

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, ToNasty said:

Less power.  Not as much output but for a car it's my favorite setup.  

This is all just my opinion but I enjoy IB the best.  I dont like loud bass anymore 

Hmmm. Okay. I kind of still go back and forth between loud bass, and really full, balanced bass...

But about IB, I would think it would work best with the backside being completely open.... As in, a wall behind my seats, and no back window in my truck.... And just think, because of the greatly reduced power needs, why 2 15"s ? At that point I might as well run 6 18" :) lol

Okay. IB is interesting, as in one respect it's about as easy, and minimal as it gets concerning enclosures. But on the other hand, I believe to work best, it would pretty much involve a complete wall in my truck, and I'd think it would also work best with my rear window removed, which is really not an option.

I will look into some IB setups again though, just out of curiosity. TY

Archived