Jump to content

1000 htz tone changes tone after certain wattage?


RobertK

Recommended Posts

Posted

2 NEW skar audio 6.5" neodymium mids, 260 watts rms, 520 peak.

250 x 2 watt amp.

 

No, i did not figure out power as I was doing this, but didn't SEEM like 200 watts...

 

I played a 1000 htz test tone through head unit, slowly turned up gain on eq line out.   1000 htz got louder and louder, then at a certain point, it instantly changed to a higher htz, like maybe 1500 to 2000 htz?  I didn't test for power output of amp because it's a pain to get to.

 

So maybe???   Speakers new, not broke in?

                          Over powered speakers?

                          Gain match to far off on amp?

                          Who knows...  Could be all of above...

 

Stereo is playing fine atm, and positive I'm not running 200 x 2 yet.  I figured I would break them in first, then set the amp at 200 x 2 and see what happens.

 

BUT...  With amp set at 200 x 2, and speakers broke in, should I be able to play a 1000 htz test tone all the way up to 200 watts?

 

 

AWESOME speakers BTW.  Wish they would go lower than 100 htz, but sound great!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Posted

You are adjusting the gain with a test tone with the speakers connected?

 

You need to get yourself a good you the multimeter inset that game to a specific wattage

 

And are you sure the tone changed and you are playing a sweep?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 970 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...