escottl92 Posted January 30, 2020 Report Posted January 30, 2020 Question, how can I figure out the dimensions of a box if I just know the interior air space? I know sub displacement and I’m using aero ports but I don’t know how or where to figure out box dimensions??? thank you
Joshdashef Posted January 30, 2020 Report Posted January 30, 2020 What is the thickness of material you will be using? easiest way is to draw a diagram then with your inner measurements add the thickness of the wood for the sides... SMD Tool Map (2024): https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/226545-smd-tool-map-2024/ Great Box Bracing Examples: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/202148-best-way-to-brace-a-box/?do=findComment&comment=3055002
escottl92 Posted January 31, 2020 Author Report Posted January 31, 2020 I’m using 3/4 birch two layers my problem is I don’t know what size L x W x H to make
Scotnemily Posted January 31, 2020 Report Posted January 31, 2020 I am guessing you know the volume of air needed for the inside of the box. The L x W x H can be anything that adds up to that volume and will fit in you constraints of the vehicle you are putting it in. you can google a sub box calculator. Most will let you enter info you know to get the info you don’t. So a 12”x12”x12” is one cubic feet of air space. So is a 12”x16”x9” box. As long as it fits your sub and car, the Shape isn’t that important. https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.