Second Skin Audio

yeah im going to be messin around with it tomarrow if i have time. and i wont waste money on dynomat.... not on this car anyway. it is old and rusty, hence why i said i didnt give a shit about the car. the car wont last that long with subwoofers in it, it will fall apart.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

uh subs and port forward into the cabin and seal the front of the box off from the rear.......

no trunk rattle and tons of sweet sounding bass

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

i dont really care about rattles, people on the outside can hear them not me.

so yeah i built a box and everything, and the damn thing wont go in there by an inch!!!! im going to try and round the bottom edges of it to make it fit, otherwise one day wasted and going to use today to do it. i fckin hate trunks, i could put an 8cu^ft box in my hatch no prob, now i have to work around getting the damn thing into the hole!

edit: also, does anyone know the best way to run power wire through a cavy? i am putting 3awg wire in the car, and i cannot find a hole or anything going to the cabin from underthe hood. any help would be great, thanks guys

Edited by jonathancullen89

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

alright i finally got pissed off enough i just started drilling holes till i reached the trunk, got the wire ran and amp is hooked up. i fckin hate trunks though, i cannot build a damn box for it to save my life. rounding the edges off didnt help it so that box is kinda fcked. i had one small sealed box layin around so i put that in there for the time being, with all the damn projects going on at school i dont have time to build another box till the weekend.

can someone please help me design a box, it doesnt have to be anything fancy, port/sub back, up, sideways i dont care anymore.i have to get it to fit in the trunk hole. i will get dimentions tonight of the trunk opening. other then that this car is really pissing me off....

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Depends on how many subs you are going to use. If you plan on using 2 12's do a box with 2cuft per driver with 60sqin of port area tuned to whatever you want to. Fire the subs and port back with the port on the driver's side of the car. I would also reccomend using 45 degree angles in the corners of the box to help with the airflow. You could even try using aeroports, but I cannot help you there as I have no experience with them. If you plan on using the 4 12's just double everything that I told you for the 2 12's. I hope that helps. If you need anymore help let me know I'll be glad to assist you. :)