Second Skin Audio

alright so i got my cavalier, great gas milage blah blah blah (slow as hell tho) and i was planning on doing a wall/clamshell but i hate not being able to see out the back window, and i didnt like the wall i built in my ford probe. so i want to do a ported box in the trunk. so my question is how should i port the damn box? i give 2 shits about the car, would building a box then having the port go through the back seat be best, then have subs face the rear? or should i do port/subs back. and leave the trunk sealed. im just tryin to get air flowwage into the cabin, im used to hatchbacks and now with a trunk im kind of at a stand still. i would like to build the box this weekend so any help would be great.

open to ideas

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Subs up, port back.

Cut a hole in the rear deck.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

lol would the port though the seat sound bad? would takin out the 6x9's and cutting out the holes be enough? or do i need a bigger hole?

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

lol would the port though the seat sound bad? would takin out the 6x9's and cutting out the holes be enough? or do i need a bigger hole?

I dunno about the port through the seat, as long as there's no air leaks and it's calculated properly, should be fine.

Uh, taking the 6x9"s out, would work fine too, if it isn't loud enough, cut a hole in the rear deck to see if it makes a difference.

Taking the seat out could be an option too. ;)

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

a while back i had a buick lesaber, took out rear seat and cut holes in the metal supports. after a while car got broken into and alot of my shit got stolen. 2 rockford amps (dont remember model, black ones that where 800watts i believe), my 4 channel amp, speakers, a whole bunch of shit. dumbasses didnt see the two 12" subs layin on the floor though =)

so im tryin to stay away from takin the back seat off, thats why a port would be good so the rest of the trunk could stay sealed.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

you can do subs back and port it thru the rear deck. Should be able to reverb off the rear glass and give yo some good sound. Build the port to extend out of the top of the box so that it is flush with the hole you cut in the rear deck. You can cover it with grille cloth for stealth if you want.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

any idea what i should tune it to? right now i have either 4 12" ultra linier subwoofers or two 12" cadence tx seriese subwoofers. which should i use do you think? i will probably go with the cadence just because they sound so much better and get loud.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

i used to have a 94 4 door cavi with 4 pioneer 12's. the only bit of advice i can tell you is that dynamat WILL become your best friend. i had 2 trunk kits in the trunk and 3 full bulk packs over the whole car and still cracked my roof and had ridicoulos(sp) all over the damn thing

----reference's----

meade916

you can do subs back and port it thru the rear deck. Should be able to reverb off the rear glass and give yo some good sound. Build the port to extend out of the top of the box so that it is flush with the hole you cut in the rear deck. You can cover it with grille cloth for stealth if you want.

thats what i had to do to my lexes gs300 because the gas tank was in between the backseat and the trunk. used the 8" or 10 factory woofer hole as the port.. i cant remember what exact size it was in the back lid. but it turned out good with 4 12s

Edited by jstuntndagsxr