Sonic Electronix

Need help with subwoofers moving different

Make sure your wiring is correct and you didnt somehow wire the one out of phase. Also, use a multimeter to measure the resistance of each voice coil to make sure the coils are good. If you dont have one, you can get a Klein meter at home depot for about 40. That's really going to be it. Either wiring is wrong, or the sub is damaged. If you're unsure about the wiring, go to https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/subwoofer-wiring-diagrams.asp to verify. Also, I'm assuming both subs are dual 4, since you said you're wired to 1ohm?

6 hours ago, reedal said:

Make sure your wiring is correct and you didnt somehow wire the one out of phase. Also, use a multimeter to measure the resistance of each voice coil to make sure the coils are good. If you dont have one, you can get a Klein meter at home depot for about 40. That's really going to be it. Either wiring is wrong, or the sub is damaged. If you're unsure about the wiring, go to https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/subwoofer-wiring-diagrams.asp to verify. Also, I'm assuming both subs are dual 4, since you said you're wired to 1ohm?

I have checked the coils and they are still good but I will double check them again,I’m going to completely rewrite them and see if that works,thank you

8 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

any chance you have a picture of the enclosure?

Yeah when I go out to my car I’ll take a few pics and upload them for you,they are inverted so it will show my wiring as well,I accually pushed on them and found out that one is just stiffer than the other,what could that be?

2 hours ago, Loslegend said:

Yeah when I go out to my car I’ll take a few pics and upload them for you,they are inverted so it will show my wiring as well,I accually pushed on them and found out that one is just stiffer than the other,what could that be?

Also is it possible my box is too big for these subs? I couldn’t find hardly any box specs for these subs..kind of shot in the dark with thus one

F8B20BD4-FE60-480F-870D-C807D326F9E3.jpeg

AB241C09-3FCC-4676-BF10-30A0E9B029B2.jpeg

Archived