Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

right on man! great job on the build, it turned out great!! Was i right about the whole cancellation thing or what? If it sounds like the hoopty does (tuning wise) i know your happy!

THANKS again for all the advice, Steve! No cancellation at all :D OMG, it's amazing to me, but ummmm....nothing like the hoopty! :P I have not been able to distort the subs at high volume either, so I don't know where the limits are yet. Something about your design, it's just incredible, very clean sounding no matter what type of music I throw at it. The ports just fill the interior with sound at high volume, too!

It gets more impressive as I find new songs to try in it, but I mainly listen to 80's music.

With the amps and subs that I used, I couldn't ask for anything more from it.

Gotta go back to the Hoopty update, I still haven't finished looking over the new pics and vid!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

Posted

I'm glad you're happy with it!!

I wanna hear it!!.

Did you say you lived in Iowa? What is your location?

Sorry, Austin Texas!

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

Posted

This is what my friend had to say about it after his first time hearing it last Sunday. He is a pro-installer/fiberglasser, former judge, and IASCA competitor, so I really listen to what he has to say....

"Just got home from having breakfast with PTCary. Holy Cow, his stereo is awesome..........it sounds great at all volume levels.

Minimal Volume and you can talk with each other yet the sound comes thru good without one freq band overpowering the others. As the volume comes up, WOW, that thing could hurt someone with some Rap going.

Very nice install with a lot of thought into how it is put together."

It's just more proof that Steve's design/idea is incredible, even with me running a small amount of power to it, it still impresses! :D

None of it beats all the fun of this build and all the amazing things I have learned from you guys here, too. I have been building car audio for 15 years now, and NEVER had anything built the right way like this, and I did have some big setups, too.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

Posted

awesome work brudda!! thanks for taking a buncha pics for us to share your build :)

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Posted

build looks great man!

I was expecting a lot more boom from 8 12s tho.

What are the rating on the subs? You should be able to give each sub a easy 500+ watts since it is sealed and not ported by the looks.

But as long as it sounds good to you and your happy thats all that matters :)

 

 

Posted

build looks great man!

I was expecting a lot more boom from 8 12s tho.

What are the rating on the subs? You should be able to give each sub a easy 500+ watts since it is sealed and not ported by the looks.

But as long as it sounds good to you and your happy thats all that matters :)

Thanks man, it's ported- 38 hz tune. They can only take 300 watts each, and I'm giving them just under 1/2 that. I did not have enough airspace for them to get a lower tune.

Not bad for a basic sub without a biq xmax or power handling #.

I won't get into the problems getting enough supporting electrical in a PT to allow for 500+ watts x 8 subs, it wouldn't be easy.

You guys that know what 1100 watts rms to 8 subs actually sounds like know that it is not that much power compared to what most SMD members run, but it's enough combined with extremely loud mids and tweets to keep me happy for what I listen too. It's very clean sounding and musical, and with low power was never intended for any competition, just a personal street beat setup.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

Posted

oh, i didnt see any ports. Lol my bad bro

so about 1200rms your giving them, even if you double that power sometime in the future you will be banging a lot tougher!

But I spouse being a pt cruiser space is very limited :(

That does kinda suck for having no room for batteries, but it just means you gotta get creative which is never a bad thing :)

edit:

PS: I still like the oh shit handles :yahoo: :yahoo:

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1162 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...