ptcary Posted February 23, 2009 Author Report Posted February 23, 2009 i love this build, SQL FTW! im curious, how much air does it move? Not enough to impress you guys, I think it would have had to be tuned lower than 38hz and I would have to remove the box stuffing to get more air. I would definitely have to find a way to seal off the wall from the rear of the car too. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
CR Boom Posted February 23, 2009 Report Posted February 23, 2009 Very nice 'PT' Glad to see you are loving the new power!!! I love to over power, matbe the next step when you get compliant with this one.. 2007 Great Wall So Cool 4-12' RE audio MX's Stetsom 7k2D 6-Batts 3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's
ptcary Posted February 24, 2009 Author Report Posted February 24, 2009 One more vid. Jeezy's Hypnotize with more light in the tunnel. Towards the end, I tried to film the dash panel flexing about 1/4" so slightly.....I have no idea why this song moves the center channel like that, it is crossed over at 200 hz but I think 6 db rolloff! That Vifa mid has a very soft suspension, but it's not getting abused..I promise! Vid seems to pic up the rear fill speakers pretty well despite the subs. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted February 28, 2009 Author Report Posted February 28, 2009 Got started on the door pods today, then found out I forgot to get some brushes for the resin! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif so I'm gonna take a break for tonight and get back at em in the morning. I wanted to put two Mb Quart 5 1/4" component sets in each pod, but with the grilles on them, I just couldn't visualize them both fitting, so one set per door won out. Supplies: (I used a yellow T-shirt from Walmart, $4.50) Pattern was made with Raammat ensolite, and each door and the back of the pod is getting a layer of it: Here is where I found that I did not like the look of two sets per door: Tomorrow they get resin, a layer or two of cloth, insides get undercoated, then they'll get carpeted grey to match the door insert color. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted March 1, 2009 Author Report Posted March 1, 2009 Pod progress! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif Drying in the sun with some painted speaker rings: One layer of fiberglass cloth: Pics don't show well, but I painted the trim ring and tweeter cups with metallic dark grey: After round one of sanding and smoothing with the Dremel: After 1 hour of carpeting, swearing, stretcing that carpet, swearing some more: Test fit!: Preview: That's it for today! Thanks for lookin! PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
tibs Posted March 2, 2009 Report Posted March 2, 2009 did you use any fiberglass? or just resin? Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves 8 - Re SE 12"s 2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's 1 - vx4004 planet audio amp big 3 1/0 gauge MECHMAN 250 amp alt MySpace
07sOnAtA sp.ed Posted March 2, 2009 Report Posted March 2, 2009 nice work man, i wish i could fiber glass like that. CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION 2008 Hyundai Sonata Team T3 Audio Team Deadly Hertz Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)
ptcary Posted March 2, 2009 Author Report Posted March 2, 2009 did you use any fiberglass? or just resin? Yes, just one layer . PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted March 2, 2009 Author Report Posted March 2, 2009 nice work man, i wish i could fiber glass like that. You probably can, this is my 2nd or 3rd time, if you count my a-pillar pods and glassing the inside of my wall. Just gotta be willing to give it a try. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
ptcary Posted March 6, 2009 Author Report Posted March 6, 2009 Made some progress on the passenger door pod. Sprayed the inside with rubber undercoating, and mounted it to the door. Still have to run the wiring. ....and yes the crossover is going on the door. I am no longer concerned with hiding stuff. Thanks for the tips on the Locktite epoxy for the tweeter cups in my other post. That stuff is awesome! I don't think the color difference is that great in person, but I used the camera flash. Tomorrow, we are installing the MLA module and a run of 1/0 from the alt to battery to finish the big 3. PTCary 2003 SMD PT Cruiser 2011 Honda CBR 250R 2010 Mazda 3i Sport MY BUILD LOG
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.