Second Skin Audio

2 12" xfls box and areo port help needed

Crankit89

Hey guys this is my first post!  Also my  first box and real system setup. I wanna do it right! I'm completely lost and I've been trying for a week now to figure this out. So here it goes 

I got 48inch wide max 19inch height and 22inch deep to work with. And I'd like to  run a Aero port but I'm lost on the size and the length?? Tuned at 35hz

This is also goin  be in a suv and I would like the subs firing upwards. So I can still pack some stuff in if needed. I'll be powering them with a skar 2000.rp at 1ohm.  Thanks for time guys I really appreciate it!

so this is with a slot port, you'll have to put a corner in the port and continue it along the back of the box.  not difficult at all.  also this doesn't include bracing or sub displacement.

but this is as good as i could do in a few minutes.

2.3cu ft per sub, fits in your space, tuned to the right frequency.

2 xfl box.png

1 minute ago, Crankit89 said:

I'm using (2) 12 American bass xfls and yea I just wanted to give you guys the max I could work with they call for 2.5 cubic feet each so I'd like to hit 5 on the head

they call for 2-2.5  the design i gave you lands directly in that

Like for instance I got my pad with my notes I've been researching. And what I came up with was 35"wide by 18"high"and 20"depth. That would give me 5.5 cubic feet.  I get that now this is where I need some help with the areo port. What size and how long? I know that will shrink up my net space. And my subs will aswell but. That's why I'm just guessing that at 5.5ft the sub displacement and port will fill in the rest? Please someone help me out here!

When I had my xfl I went through a few boxes and it seemed to like closer to 3 cubes but sounded great in every one I had from 2 cubes up. Just make sure you got enuff port area, those things move sum serious air! I'd use triticums port calculator for sure.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

6 hours ago, ehall8702 said:

When I had my xfl I went through a few boxes and it seemed to like closer to 3 cubes but sounded great in every one I had from 2 cubes up. Just make sure you got enuff port area, those things move sum serious air! I'd use triticums port calculator for sure.

The thing is I dont have access to a computer at the moment or I would I'm hoping he sees this post and will help out. I've done a tone of research.And seen him jump on forms and design boxes. Tbh I was was praying for that right about now! Lol I'd really like to make my own box rather than buy a prefab.

Archived