Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted
19 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

my amps are rates at 12.v and thats how i set up my stuff at the 12 volt rating.. i did play mine alot with car off and just 3 agms i played it more then i did with the car on Excluding if i was traveling somewhere. .  They are rated at 2400 rms at 12 volts... i wish all amps showed watts at 12 and 14 volts ....  but anyways . i dont chase number so voltage fluctuation for me is irrelevant. even when i competed the one time lol

 

 

I don't chase numbers either, but I like my voltage to stay at 14.5 so I can play max volume, with zero clipping. 

Put it this way, just for an example, I can play certain songs at say 31 on my HU. Bass knob set right at 12 o'clock, and have zero clipping. But as my voltage drops, without any volume or bass level adjustments, my mono amp will start to clip. So, a 1 or 2 volt drop makes all the difference to me, with being able to get max wattage out of my amp with no clipping.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1387 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...