Protecting new ground

5 hours ago, reedal said:

It wasnt because of the undercoating. Use your head man. Either dude was fucking with the settings and probably turned the gain like a volume knob, or the connections weren't clean and tight.

To the OP, for future reference, clean the frame to bare metal where you're going to ground it, dab a little dielectric grease, bolt your ground to it, clean off the excess grease, and use spray paint, clear, bed liner, undercoating, liquid electrical tape, or anything else you can think of that will cover up and seal off any exposed bare metal to prevent corrosion from occurring. 

That was what I was thinking too. But he didn’t change the gain or settings. So then I thought he might have loosened the ground somehow from some type of contact that loosened the contact point. But just in case it was the undercoating, I don’t use undercoating anymore. Even a small chance is still a chance. That’s why I said “maybe the undercoating loosened it”. But then I thought about it and that could make sense a little bit if it was self drilling screws or something but it was a nut and bolt. Better safe than sorry though. But then I said he can spray it with whatever. But clear coat has been a go to because it is harder to flake or chip off of metal. And remember, everybody farts and everybody’s brain farts sometime too. #BrainFarted

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

2 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

That was what I was thinking too. But he didn’t change the gain or settings. So then I thought he might have loosened the ground somehow from some type of contact that loosened the contact point. But just in case it was the undercoating, I don’t use undercoating anymore. Even a small chance is still a chance. That’s why I said “maybe the undercoating loosened it”. But then I thought about it and that could make sense a little bit if it was self drilling screws or something but it was a nut and bolt. Better safe than sorry though. But then I said he can spray it with whatever. But clear coat has been a go to because it is harder to flake or chip off of metal. And remember, everybody farts and everybody’s brain farts sometime too. #BrainFarted

It's all oil based paint, clear, under coat, and enamel.

It's all the same

32 minutes ago, AaronT said:

It's all oil based paint, clear, under coat, and enamel.

It's all the same

Some are water base. Even some of enamel is water base. But you’re right, as long as he uses oil base “ anything”, then it’s ideal. But straight colored paint might rust after a period of time even if it’s oil base. 

4 hours ago, AaronT said:

Phht!

I candy paint all my grounds and do detailed pin striping

I can’t afford candy paint but I’m gonna start pin striping my grounds because it will make my grounds look faster. If you ain’t first, you’re last. Shake and bake! And I’m sorry for going at your throat. For real. So let’s squash this beef and coincide instead of clash. No more shake and bake. From now on, it’s magic man and el Diablo. El Diablo is like Spanish for like a fighting chicken. 

5A5D1FD7-F426-4470-B54A-67357BD5B9C2.thumb.jpeg.6ca298a306e04663aae8f4e872e7109e.jpeg

Archived