Wiring diagram

2 minutes ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

Me drawing a diagram is a last resort. I don’t want to though. So it’s a last resort lol! But do you understand what I’m explaining without making me have to draw it out?

im not sure lol if my second drawing doesnt look right then i guess im lost.

11 hours ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

The way I explained how to do it when I thought you had a from battery. Do it the same way just for the imaginary front battery posts have battery terminals to connect everything like there was a battery there and mount the battery terminals to some wood where the front battery is suppose to go. Thus “deleting the front battery”. 

why couldnt i just skip a distro block and run these wires straight from the alternator instead? sounds like i had everything correct besides running the wires to a post before running to the back

20 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Run your 3 from alt to battery, that's a longer run than the battery to amp.

Plus the 3 runs from alt to battery leave much upgrade options open for future.

I don't know why he assumes they should be equal , makes no sense.

Because 3 runs is pointless right now when he can just do 2 runs of bigger 0 gauge than 1/0 if he upgrades past the 700 amps 2 1/0 can produce or he can add a 3rd wire if he ever upgrades. I would personally just run bigger 0 gauge if I upgraded. And with the set up he is running, which isn’t a 20,000 watt system then why take up the space and have to spend more money when he isn’t going to be pulling 1050 amps.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

9 hours ago, bismofunyuns said:

why couldnt i just skip a distro block and run these wires straight from the alternator instead? sounds like i had everything correct besides running the wires to a post before running to the back

For the most part, yes. Just need to double up on your grounds and I’d do the delete instead of running your alternator grounds all the way to the back where the battery is at. The shorter the grounds, the better. That’s the main gripe I had about your diagram. So that’s why I said just do the front battery delete so the alternator is grounded hard to the frame as the end product of the runs and the runs will be way shorter making the ground stronger. 

25 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

For the most part, yes. Just need to double up on your grounds and I’d do the delete instead of running your alternator grounds all the way to the back where the battery is at. The shorter the grounds, the better. That’s the main gripe I had about your diagram. So that’s why I said just do the front battery delete so the alternator is grounded hard to the frame as the end product of the runs and the runs will be way shorter making the ground stronger. 

Maybe my diagram is bad, let me put it into text. 

positive runs

- two from alternator to rear lithium battery

- two runs from lithium battery to both power inputs in amp (assuming amp as 2 power and 2 ground) 

negative runs

- two cables ran from alt post to metal frame under the hood, sanded and bare metal etc

- two cables ran from alt post to negative terminal on lithium battery

- two cables ran from lithium negative to bare metal chassis ground in the rear

- two cables ran from lithium negative to both ground inputs in amp

lets not forget there’s no battery under the hood, the lithium battery is in the back near the amp etc. hopefully this clears up any confusion

Personally I wouldn’t run 2 negatives from the alternator ground to the battery post. To far of a ground for my taste. Ground the alternator to the frame with 2 runs. And ground the battery to the frame with 2 runs. Shorter grounds, same concept.

Just now, 1point21gigawatts said:

Personally I wouldn’t run 2 negatives from the alternator ground to the battery post. To far of a ground for my taste. Ground the alternator to the frame with 2 runs. And ground the battery to the frame with 2 runs. Shorter grounds, same concept. 

I see. From the reading I’ve done, it seems like adding grounds coming from the front also helps as well. Normally these grounds would come from the negative on the front battery but since I won’t have a front battery, it would just come from the alt

7 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

As far as running two grounds for each, it should be okay to connect both ring terminals / wires with one bolt in one location right? Or should I drill out separate holes to bolt each wire?

this is probably a stupid question, just wanting to make sure I get the most out of my runs

Archived