Amplifier adjusting

DarkPowerX

Hello.

I have troubles setting my amp.

The components are:

HU: Pioneer MVH-G210BT

Sub: Ground Zero GZRW 12D2 in ported enclosure 32hz wired on 1 ohm

Amp: Ground Zero GZTA1.800DX-II

I tried to adjust it like my old subs that were 400W, but here i can't make it sound the way i want it.

I set the gain with DMM with test tone 50hz to 28.2V

All HU filters and bass boost settings are off.

When i make the adjustment the way i hear it best, the speaker start to make clicking noise on low bass. Like it's clipping. I can't figure out why there is clipping with speaker 800W RMS amp 850W RMS.  I thought this setup was going to be perfect.

Would anyone tell me what to adjust to make it boom like it should.

We need a little more information here to help you like what type of subwoofers are they in and what kind of box there in

Also the clicking sound you're hearing is probably the sub bottoming out possibly because the enclosure is incorrect or the amp is just too much for them.

impossible to tell really until you give us some more information button clipping isn't going to be an audible sound like you're thinking I mean you can hear clipping because it's distortion but it's not the song you're hearing I'm 99% sure

Also 28 volts at 1 ohm is only like 800 watts

And if you could take a clear picture of the setting side of your amplifier so we can see exactly where it's at right now also let us know of any processing you have going on on your head unit like what your sub level was that if you have too loud on or the bass boost how you have your EQ set even taking a picture of the EQ curve would be a good idea

You cant correctly set gains with a dmm. Oscope or dd1. Probly an enclosure issue. Is the enclosure the correct size? Most 12s require anywhere from 1.5 to 2 cft. Is it really tuned to 32hz? Test the coils. Make sure they read correct ohms. Make sure it is wired to the correct ohm load. Im assuming 1 ohm or .7 was your goal. Try a diff amp. Could b faulty equipment. Lots of reasons.

You can't set gains for Max cleap output with a DMM, but you can set for a specific wattage at rated RMS or lower if the amp is known to do rated and then some

Like a rf t1500, we know from RF's track record, and multiple dynos of this particular amp, that it's guaranteed good for 2000+ watts at 1 ohm. So we can safely and accurately set the gain for 1500 RMS at 1 ohm with a DMM

Archived