Sonic Electronix

Hyundai Elantra install question

Hey guys, I have a 2017 Hyundai Elantra. I’m wanting to keep the factory radio (I know I know). But I’ll lose some of the features I bought the car for if I install an aftermarket one according to internet search. Anyway, I’m not new to installing amps, this is just my first time doing it on a factory radio. I’m wanting to install a Dayton HO 12 going to make my own box at around 32-34hz. Obviously going to install an amp. (Recommendations?). Going to be more of a SQ build, wanting to keep it around 500-700 rms. Although the main reason I’m here is because everything I find says LOC and factory amp will roll off around 50hz, which obviously isn’t ideal. I’m curious if anyone has had success getting those low hz in using a factory radio. Any input would be much appreciated, thank you!

Don’t you want to just install an output converter. I’ve never herd them having issues that your talking about. I think your over thinking this .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

10 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Don’t you want to just install an output converter. I’ve never herd them having issues that your talking about. I think your over thinking this .

This in particular is what I’m referring to, it seems to be a problem in newer vehicles with factory amps, I could be wrong though.

2973C81A-6A3A-4E48-87CB-79870DC7366A.png

In the original install in my Tsx with the original head unit I used an Audiocontrol  Lc2i to solve the bass roll off problem. It is the best solution without tapping into the the signal between the hu and the factory amp and will provide an amp turn on signal. Ultimately I did tap into the hu signal and upgraded to an Audiocontrol Three.2 to drive all my amps. Unless the crossover in your system is done through dsp, there will be a residual signal at lower frequencies that the Lc2i will boost.

On 5/2/2020 at 4:00 PM, Nate42 said:

Hey guys, I have a 2017 Hyundai Elantra. I’m wanting to keep the factory radio (I know I know). But I’ll lose some of the features I bought the car for if I install an aftermarket one according to internet search. Anyway, I’m not new to installing amps, this is just my first time doing it on a factory radio. I’m wanting to install a Dayton HO 12 going to make my own box at around 32-34hz. Obviously going to install an amp. (Recommendations?). Going to be more of a SQ build, wanting to keep it around 500-700 rms. Although the main reason I’m here is because everything I find says LOC and factory amp will roll off around 50hz, which obviously isn’t ideal. I’m curious if anyone has had success getting those low hz in using a factory radio. Any input would be much appreciated, thank you!

If you are going with a line output converter, take a look at the NVX, https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_172899_NVX-XLCA2.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&utm_campaignid=926949566&utm_keyword=&utm_product=172899&utm_matchtype=&utm_device=m&utm_content=220599971980&gclid=Cj0KCQjw17n1BRDEARIsAFDHFewoQxDgWTNHCAZw9Q0oKzIJjfC4Fy5AOTud7aZGy-M-urwXY9d46VIaAsCwEALw_wcB. It's cheaper than the LC2i, and the directions to it are the same. I started to buy it but decided I didn't need the bass restorer so I went with something else.

Archived