1997 Ford Expedition build. Sony Xplod ftw!

An smd x-1 and some shca 4 gauge ofc to wire up my subwoofers. I’ve never wired up subwoofers with 4 gauge wire. I love this smd x-1 because of the clean way I can wire series parallel on it because of the back. So no double 4 gauge wires in any push pin terminals on my subwoofers. I could do that on regular aluminum binding posts, but not as good as an x series terminal cup. And plus they look clean and good.

FFB6484B-E1C1-48B0-8278-7557A4DC368E.jpeg

image.jpg

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, VivaLaReapZz said:

ZVX 18 port facing in cabin now. On skar RP-2000 jy Power HP-40 lithium 320A alt

20210125_145130.jpg

IMG_20210107_025157_117.jpg

I like it, except for that alternator. You bought good gear and then bought a crappy alternator. A vehicles electrical is the most important part to its car audio build. If you want a good alternator for cheap, check out JS alternators on their website and if they don’t have an option to equip your vehicle then email them and ask for a special build. Or check out brand x on Facebook and message them for a quote. It’s legit. Both are good companies and cheap compared to the rest, like singer, dc, and mechman.

• 1 month later...

Went from a taramps md12k, 1 ohm version, to a taramps bass 15k. I was planning on running that md12k at 0.8 ohm and found out that that 1 ohm version messes up, so I went to a bass 15k. Then my homeboy had a deaf bonce aak-4000.1d and I decided to run 2 aak’s at 0.35 ohm a piece. So, I bought another aak.C357A7B7-4E18-49BA-8C2D-F800B5BDC76D.thumb.jpeg.e69e4088d2df4534a920f18a5e4099c9.jpegF3236EB5-3F70-4BEC-A4B7-DCA5ECAB0465.thumb.jpeg.e130e1ebb70612fd07b3732f7e1810e1.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Have you had a chance to mess with your truck at all lately? 

Nope. Just been spending money. I had an alarm installed and I’m waiting on some things to get back from paint and then I’m gonna buy some second skin or shca and put double 80 mil on most spots and single 80 mil on other spots. It’s about a week or 2 away and I’m beginning the install.

9 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Nope. Just been spending money. I had an alarm installed and I’m waiting on some things to get back from paint and then I’m gonna buy some second skin or shca and put double 80 mil on most spots and single 80 mil on other spots. It’s about a week or 2 away and I’m beginning the install.

I can't wait to see you get started! Please show pictures on this build log brother! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived