Second Skin Audio

Two evl 15 box

Gonna have a local shop build me a box for my two 15” evls for my extended cab 06 canyon. I was curious if anyone has built one before or knows exactly what these subs are gonna want space wise. I would just like something concrete to cross reference what the shop suggest or wants to build it’s a bit of money to get it built and wanna make sure it’s done the right way. Don’t want disappointment later. Daily driver of it matters no sub comps but like it loud and low 

Subs up, port drivers side. Let me find out what volume to make it before displacement and what port area to use. Because it’s better to design an enclosure a little larger than recommend to yield a better output. That doesn’t necessarily work will all subwoofers and designs but for them 2 evl 15s it would be ideal. Hold up.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

After port displacement but before subwoofer and bracing displacement, 9 cubic feet. After displacements. 8.5 cubic feet with 102 sq” of port area tuned to 30hz instead of 31hz. That’s a 13% increase with a better frequency for the extra volume and port area. It would sound so good and get loud and low as fugh. 

9 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

After port displacement but before subwoofer and bracing displacement, 9 cubic feet. After displacements. 8.5 cubic feet with 102 sq” of port area tuned to 30hz instead of 31hz. That’s a 13% increase with a better frequency for the extra volume and port area. It would sound so good and get loud and low as fugh. 

Shit is that gonna fit in my truck 

12 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

This is what I’m working with roughly with panels and seat where I need it to drive 

A139D60B-EB7C-4C2A-9B0F-E6EC5AD172A0.jpeg

Just now, Spazy808 said:

This is what I’m working with roughly with panels and seat where I need it to drive 

A139D60B-EB7C-4C2A-9B0F-E6EC5AD172A0.jpeg

This is with out panels but I’d like to try and keep them at least the pillars not so much the back below the window if the box will hide it 

A2B57832-85F5-404F-8FF2-3AB9755A3D57.jpeg

19 minutes ago, jessdabest77 said:

Why subs and port up? What would subs forward port up do? 

I said subs up, port drivers side. On a truck cabin that’s the best. You can get away with subs up, port up, but it wouldn’t be as good as subs up, port drivers side because the fact that the port is close to a very hard surface of the vehicle to fire off of is more ideal. Because the roof is further away. And subs forward wouldn’t be ideal because the it’s best to fire at something besides a soft seat. Better recall off something else harder and better to resonate. 

5 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Subs up, port drivers side. Let me find out what volume to make it before displacement and what port area to use. Because it’s better to design an enclosure a little larger than recommend to yield a better output. That doesn’t necessarily work will all subwoofers and designs but for them 2 evl 15s it would be ideal. Hold up.

Is the port up as well or facing front behind drivers seat 

Archived