Jump to content

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 system upgrade


Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Nice, neat, straight router lines! I should have bought one a long time ago! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

20211126_163128.jpg

That'll be my next toy to buy

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

 

 

Posted

It's hard to tell, but the bottom piece is a little bigger than the top, so the insert will fit nicely. 20211128_150158.thumb.jpg.63b81ef9ee597343a66f21ed4e12fcb0.jpg

Again, the router is winning on this one

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Posted
15 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

And just like that, my flush trim bit is dead lol

20211128_154509.jpg

How'd u break it

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

 

 

Posted
2 hours ago, Never Enough Bass said:

How'd u break it

I don't know. The thing started smoking like crazy then poof 🤣 I already ordered another. I can't lose a weekend to not working on the truck. I have to get this done. I'm starting to consistently lose sleep

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Posted
24 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I don't know. The thing started smoking like crazy then poof 🤣 I already ordered another. I can't lose a weekend to not working on the truck. I have to get this done. I'm starting to consistently lose sleep

Well your hard work will pay of eventually 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

 

 

Posted
46 minutes ago, Drunkenmoron said:

What a thread !!! Lol

 

Here I am having problems finding an appropriate sub, then here you are taking your sound system to the moon. 

Thanks for looking through it! 

I don't know about taking it to the moon, but it should be nice when I'm finally done. My doors will be way more than I need, but it should be fun. 

I wish I would have nutted up and joined this forum 10 years ago when I bought the truck. I would have gained the knowledge much earlier and been able to build and afford the system I'd really want. Building a full on 50,000+ watt demo system would be amazing! But I don't know enough (yet) to do something crazy like that, not to mention now having a family, I don't have the dough to accomplish something like that either lol. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Posted

I didn't get to work any yesterday, so I did as much as I could today, which didn't seem like too much. 

I made a bunch of templates of my 8" speakers. 

20211205_170737.thumb.jpg.ee19664bf18150fa3b6189070569cfa1.jpg

One is too small to do anything with, so that will go into the archives. 3 are just the exact size of the 8's including the mounting holes. And one is just a 16th of an inch bigger than the one that's too small. It's perfect for the flush mount fitment of the 8's.20211205_161547.thumb.jpg.ef09411b44ece78e74e6385e9db3fa19.jpg

 

Nice and tight, but good and loose, all at the same time. It came out really good. This cut was made on a junk piece though. 

I had time to lay out the speaker fitment on the top piece20211205_170443.thumb.jpg.915e4dcf81b5072de49b5d0e4d984b03.jpg

And that was it for tonight. Time to clean up20211205_172505.thumb.jpg.f06c0fa912cdc639b9debf03f6bddf46.jpg

I made an absolute mess! 🤣

 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Posted
17 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I didn't get to work any yesterday, so I did as much as I could today, which didn't seem like too much. 

I made a bunch of templates of my 8" speakers. 

20211205_170737.thumb.jpg.ee19664bf18150fa3b6189070569cfa1.jpg

One is too small to do anything with, so that will go into the archives. 3 are just the exact size of the 8's including the mounting holes. And one is just a 16th of an inch bigger than the one that's too small. It's perfect for the flush mount fitment of the 8's.20211205_161547.thumb.jpg.ef09411b44ece78e74e6385e9db3fa19.jpg

Nice and tight, but good and loose, all at the same time. It came out really good. This cut was made on a junk piece though. 

I had time to lay out the speaker fitment on the top piece20211205_170443.thumb.jpg.915e4dcf81b5072de49b5d0e4d984b03.jpg

And that was it for tonight. Time to clean up20211205_172505.thumb.jpg.f06c0fa912cdc639b9debf03f6bddf46.jpg

I made an absolute mess! 🤣

 

Looking good

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 458 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...