2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 system upgrade

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Ok, a couple questions... sorry, but finding the right door speakers is proving to be the hardest, most important part of this whole thing...

Do you think those 8MR500-NDY-4 V2's will sound, for lack of a better term, better or warmer or fuller than the neopro v3's? 

And let's also throw the 8MR500CF-NDY-4's in the mix. They're the same price as the neopro v3's with a lower FS than the 8MR500-NDY-4 v2's and looks like the speaker stays in pretty decent control up to 5khz according to the frequency response graph. And just for shits and giggles, let's throw the B2 Audio Rage 8's in there. 

Price really isn't a major concern in this decision. Making the right choice for me is number 1 over all. I know no one else can be me but me, but the only thing I have to go on is the educated opinions of those with more experience than I. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I would pick the ones I recommended over those. I’ve been following this thread closely and have seen you mention each of them mids accept for the prv ones, I would of recommended one of those you mentioned if they were better. But the ones I recommended have better specs. And if you want warmer sounding speakers then I’m gonna recommend something I was gonna recommend but I decided not to because of the impedance being 8 ohms. And then I remember you wanted more so mid bass oriented speakers but then I see you wanting higher playing speakers and the 8 ohm ones don’t play as high as they speakers you have listed. So I’m confused on what bandwidth you are looking for. But most of the best sounding speakers are 8 ohm speakers. But the actual impedance is 5-6 ohms. These are the speakers I were gonna recommend to begin with but I changed my mind because of the impedance. The actual impedance and they don’t play past 4000 hz but play as low as 35 hz. They would be super nice on mid bass and pretty good on midrange if you have other drivers to pick up after 4000 hz. These sound super warm. The speakers that you have mentioned on this thread are not warm sounding speakers. The prvs are kinda warm, better than what you have mentioned in warmth and other aspects, but these speakers I’m about to list are super warm and if you want a speaker that sounds super warm and can play in between the frequencies of your subwoofers and other mids and also play up with your mids and almost meet up with the highs, then these are the speakers for you. The ones you mentioned aren’t what you are looking for.

https://www.parts-express.com/morel-h81-8-hybrid-series-woofer--297-066 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

10 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I would pick the ones I recommended over those. I’ve been following this thread closely and have seen you mention each of them mids accept for the prv ones, I would of recommended one of those you mentioned if they were better. But the ones I recommended have better specs. And if you want warmer sounding speakers then I’m gonna recommend something I was gonna recommend but I decided not to because of the impedance being 8 ohms. And then I remember you wanted more so mid bass oriented speakers but then I see you wanting higher playing speakers and the 8 ohm ones don’t play as high as they speakers you have listed. So I’m confused on what bandwidth you are looking for. But most of the best sounding speakers are 8 ohm speakers. But the actual impedance is 5-6 ohms. These are the speakers I were gonna recommend to begin with but I changed my mind because of the impedance. The actual impedance and they don’t play past 4000 hz but play as low as 35 hz. They would be super nice on mid bass and pretty good on midrange if you have other drivers to pick up after 4000 hz. These sound super warm. The speakers that you have mentioned on this thread are not warm sounding speakers. The prvs are kinda warm, better than what you have mentioned in warmth and other aspects, but these speakers I’m about to list are super warm and if you want a speaker that sounds super warm and can play in between the frequencies of your subwoofers and other mids and also play up with your mids and almost meet up with the highs, then these are the speakers for you. The ones you mentioned aren’t what you are looking for.

https://www.parts-express.com/morel-h81-8-hybrid-series-woofer--297-066 

I'm sorry dude, I'm confused as well. I know I love the sound of my Memphis VIV components. I'd like to recreate that sound with some 8's and some tweeters. I can find some decent silk dome tweeters, that's not too hard. But not being able to listen to different speakers makes it difficult. 

Let's just keep it simple... price not mattering, you like the 8-MR500-NDY-4 v2's over the Sundown neopro v3's and the PRV 8-MR500CF-NDY-4's? 

This picking out midrange speakers has been weighing on my mind for half a fucking year and I'm done. 

Whatever you suggest bro for a 2 way setup bro, I'll just grab those. 

I love my SB Acoustic SB29RDCN-c000-4 tweeters, some of the best tweeters that Ive tried out.

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

Prv are good speakers to get loud. If you want warm speakers on a 2 way set up then these copper coil b&c speakers on a 3500 hz crossover would be the way to go.

https://www.parts-express.com/bc-8bg51-8-neodymium-woofer--294-696

8 ohm speakers though. Like I said, most of the best sounding speakers are 8 ohm. These speakers are actually 5.1 ohm. So no worries. These speakers have copper coils (copper coils sound better than aluminum. Aluminum just can handle more heat). And these speakers have immaculate specs, parameters and feedback from the car audio community.

30 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

8 ohm speakers though. Like I said, most of the best sounding speakers are 8 ohm. These speakers are actually 5.1 ohm. So no worries. These speakers have copper coils (copper coils sound better than aluminum. Aluminum just can handle more heat). And these speakers have immaculate specs, parameters and feedback from the car audio community.

Dude, if I could give you more than one thanks, I would! Those B&C speakers look great! I might have to up the amplifier someday, but I'm planning on running them 2 per channel, (8 total) so I don't think loud is going to be a problem. 

So, even though they say 8 ohm, they're actually 5.1 ohm? So the amplifier will see 2.5ohm? (Before any kind of rise). 

So if I set these on a 3500 hz crossover, would I set the tweeter the same at 3500 hz? Or something like 3510 or 3515 or something? 

4 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Dude, if I could give you more than one thanks, I would! Those B&C speakers look great! I might have to up the amplifier someday, but I'm planning on running them 2 per channel, (8 total) so I don't think loud is going to be a problem. 

So, even though they say 8 ohm, they're actually 5.1 ohm? So the amplifier will see 2.5ohm? (Before any kind of rise). 

So if I set these on a 3500 hz crossover, would I set the tweeter the same at 3500 hz? Or something like 3510 or 3515 or something? 

5.1 ohm actual resistance. 2.55 ohm if wired in parallel. Tell me the amp setup again and I can tell you how to configure the filters. Because if I remember correctly, you are gonna use different amps to make an active setup without actually using external active crossovers.

8 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

5.1 ohm actual resistance. 2.55 ohm if wired in parallel. Tell me the amp setup again and I can tell you how to configure the filters. Because if I remember correctly, you are gonna use different amps to make an active setup without actually using external active crossovers.

Yes. I'm going to run the 8's off a Cresendo S4 (220 watts per channel @2ohm) and the tweeters off a JL JX400.4 (100 watts per @2) 

Archived