Second Skin Audio

Advice on 06 gmc canyon crewcab enclosure build

So im working on building a custom box for my 06 gmc canyon crew cab, and im putting in 2 10" skar vd10-d4s with a skar rp-1500 1d monoblock amp running at 1 ohm here is the sub specs

• 10-inch Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil Configuration
  • Peak Power: 800 Watts
  • RMS Power: 500 Watts
  • Pressed Paper Cone
  • High Roll Foam Surround
  • 2" High Temperature Copper Voice Coil
  • Motor Weight: 66 oz
  • Frequency Response: 30 - 350 Hz
  • Sensitivity: 85.1 dB
  • Fs: 41.9 Hz
  • Re: Dual 4 Ω
  • Qms: 4.20
  • Qes: 0.42
  • Qts: 0.42
  • Nref: 0.20 %
  • Cms: 0.10 mm/N
  • Bl: 17.2 n/a
  • Vas: 17.2 L
  • Xmax: 11.5 mm
  •  
  • Recommended box info 
  • Recommended Sealed Volume: 0.65 ft³
  • Recommended Ported Volume: 1.25 ft³
  • Recommended Port Area: 17.0 in²
  • Recommended Tuning Frequency: 39 Hz
  • Enclosure recommendations above do not include subwoofer, bracing, and port displacement
  • The picture i attached is what ive came up with but id rather get second opinions before i start cutting since this is my first box build. Has anyone built anything for these trucks? There's like no room at all so im trying to come all the way to the back of the front seats n just have passangers step onto box im going to hard case it any input would be greatly appreciated ive been ripping my hair out on this thanks for ur time

20200606_170448.jpg

1 hour ago, Crazyirish1123 said:

So im working on building a custom box for my 06 gmc canyon crew cab, and im putting in 2 10" skar vd10-d4s with a skar rp-1500 1d monoblock amp running at 1 ohm here is the sub specs

• 10-inch Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil Configuration
  • Peak Power: 800 Watts
  • RMS Power: 500 Watts
  • Pressed Paper Cone
  • High Roll Foam Surround
  • 2" High Temperature Copper Voice Coil
  • Motor Weight: 66 oz
  • Frequency Response: 30 - 350 Hz
  • Sensitivity: 85.1 dB
  • Fs: 41.9 Hz
  • Re: Dual 4 Ω
  • Qms: 4.20
  • Qes: 0.42
  • Qts: 0.42
  • Nref: 0.20 %
  • Cms: 0.10 mm/N
  • Bl: 17.2 n/a
  • Vas: 17.2 L
  • Xmax: 11.5 mm
  •  
  • Recommended box info 
  • Recommended Sealed Volume: 0.65 ft³
  • Recommended Ported Volume: 1.25 ft³
  • Recommended Port Area: 17.0 in²
  • Recommended Tuning Frequency: 39 Hz
  • Enclosure recommendations above do not include subwoofer, bracing, and port displacement
  • The picture i attached is what ive came up with but id rather get second opinions before i start cutting since this is my first box build. Has anyone built anything for these trucks? There's like no room at all so im trying to come all the way to the back of the front seats n just have passangers step onto box im going to hard case it any input would be greatly appreciated ive been ripping my hair out on this thanks for ur time

20200606_170448.jpg

Not enough port area. Each subwoofer calls for 17 square inches of port area so the enclosure has to have 34 square inches of port area. Make the port wider. And that port is too thin anyways and even at the rms after rise you still most likely will run into some port noise. Not enough port area also decreases the output. Make the port wider until you reach 34sq” or close to. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Do the same design just make the port inlet 3.75” wide instead of 1.47” wide and it will be ready to go. You will have to play with the port length a little bit too since you changed the port area. No big deal though. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

5 hours ago, Crazyirish1123 said:

What would u recommend? I did buy this cheap box for my truck but i figured i can make it so much bigger and add a port so its not such a tight sound

20200424_184551.jpg

1point21gigawatts is actually helping me with my 06 canyon build too what a coincidence

Archived