Angel Galvan Posted June 10, 2020 Report Posted June 10, 2020 Hello got a Skar DDX-10 Dual 2 ohm sub. I wired it to 1 ohm, but the multimeter reads like 2 ohms. I checked the wiring and the wiring is good, the sub doesn't seem to be cooked. Still works as it should. Wired in parralel any clues ?
MrSkippyJ Posted June 10, 2020 Report Posted June 10, 2020 What exactly did it show and did you check the resistance in your DMM leads? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
1point21gigawatts Posted June 10, 2020 Report Posted June 10, 2020 Check the reading on each individual terminal on the subwoofer. It might be your dmm or it’s leads or the subwoofer might have a coil about to go bad. Coils start to read higher when they are about to go bad. But most likely it’s something to do with the dmm or it’s leads. Because I’ve had dmm leads and one of the leads wires weren’t all in contact and it would cause the dmm to read about 2 tenths higher. “How can we help you?” “And don’t forget to tell them that the customer isn’t always right.”
Angel Galvan Posted June 10, 2020 Author Report Posted June 10, 2020 2 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said: What exactly did it show and did you check the resistance in your DMM leads? How do I chek resistance in the dmm leads ? My touching them together and putting it in ohm setting ? If that's the case it reads 1 ohm. I think that's why it shows 2 ohms?
Angel Galvan Posted June 10, 2020 Author Report Posted June 10, 2020 1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said: Check the reading on each individual terminal on the subwoofer. It might be your dmm or it’s leads or the subwoofer might have a coil about to go bad. Coils start to read higher when they are about to go bad. But most likely it’s something to do with the dmm or it’s leads. Because I’ve had dmm leads and one of the leads wires weren’t all in contact and it would cause the dmm to read about 2 tenths higher. I'll check the coils individually another day the sub is too heavy lol. How do I check the resistance in the multimeter leads ?
MrSkippyJ Posted June 10, 2020 Report Posted June 10, 2020 put the meter on resistance and touch the leads together. subtract that amount from what you read. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Angel Galvan Posted June 10, 2020 Author Report Posted June 10, 2020 31 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said: put the meter on resistance and touch the leads together. subtract that amount from what you read. Ah okay makes sense now. It was reading 2 ohms sometimes 2.1. Thanks that clarifies my confusion
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.