Second Skin Audio

Switching from CT meso 8s to DC m38s

AaronT

4 hours ago, AaronT said:

Well got the DC's in the birch box the CT's were in.

The DC's are killing the CT's in terms of low end, range, output. Across the board the dc m38s are all over the mesos.

Hard to believe as the CT has a 8lb heavier motor assembly with 3 stack slugs and 2.5" coil vs DC sporting a 2" coil and 2 stack lug motor.

I think what we're seeing here is something that's FEA optimized from the ground up versus a slap together Chinese sub.

I haven't been satisfied in a long time and I am thoroughly satisfied with this build finally.

Great quality amps, great quality subs, awesome mids and highs (RF t4's and RF t4's) with Electrical that don't drop below 14 with car off and stays pinned at 14.7 while idle.

Now time to put the replacement CT sounds meso into a bass module in the attic for home theater (yes CT actually warrantied all 4 subs free of charge)

20200708_121046_HDR.jpg

That’s sexy as fugh! They only way it would be sexier is if a deaf bonce girl was go go dancing on that bumper. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

2 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

That’s sexy as fugh! They only way it would be sexier is if a deaf bonce girl was go go dancing on that bumper. 

Thx man means alot coming from you.

The shelf is just used to get groceries.

It's removed most of the time

17 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Thx man means alot coming from you.

The shelf is just used to get groceries.

It's removed most of the time

You are welcome dude! I’d leave the shelf there to kinda hide your set up when the hatch is closed and you wouldn’t have to take it in and out when you need it. I would make another one out of birch and stain it the same color and then poly it. And I would carpet the top of the shelf the same color as your vehicle’s interior so it blends in and protects the integrity of the wood. That would be super dope. 

16 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

You are welcome dude! I’d leave the shelf there to kinda hide your set up when the hatch is closed and you wouldn’t have to take it in and out when you need it. I would make another one out of birch and stain it the same color and then poly it. And I would carpet the top of the shelf the same color as your vehicle’s interior so it blends in and protects the integrity of the wood. That would be super dope. 

Haha,great idea, I usually pull the cargo cover if shelf isn't there.

Had to make new holes for cargo cover cuzz thee birch box is taller than the factory mount.

I will definitely carpet it same color, never even thought of that.

18 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Haha,great idea, I usually pull the cargo cover if shelf isn't there.

Had to make new holes for cargo cover cuzz thee birch box is taller than the factory mount.

I will definitely carpet it same color, never even thought of that.

I didn’t know you had a cargo cover. That’s what’s up. I wish they made a cargo cover for my suv. 

3 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I didn’t know you had a cargo cover. That’s what’s up. I wish they made a cargo cover for my suv. 

They probably do like I didn't even realize until I noticed there was these little notches for it I went on eBay and they wanted like $200 for it went to the local you pick it and got it for $3.95

• 2 weeks later...

Well had the t1500 that's stacked on top of the t400-4 go thermal yesterday after a 90 minute drive (as I expected it to get hotter as heat rises from t400-4 to it) I'm gonna be installing a seaflo 3" inline mixed flow blower on it.

7 hours ago, AaronT said:

Well had the t1500 that's stacked on top of the t400-4 go thermal yesterday after a 90 minute drive (as I expected it to get hotter as heat rises from t400-4 to it) I'm gonna be installing a seaflo 3" inline mixed flow blower on it.

put that seaflo on a toggle or thermal switch.  believe me you are not gonna want to listen to it whining at full bore constantly, especially with the music down.  but if you have it on with the music cranked you won't notice it.

Archived