Old competitor looking to get some info

Hello all!  I'm going to paste an email I recently sent to someone.  I'm looking for a professional answer.  I can answer ANY questions you may have.  

Hello, I have an 09 Honda Crv. I've acquired a 240A alternator. I have yet to purchase my batteries. I was considering either XS Power 3400D's or a JY-40. I've bought two RP-4500D's to run one ZVX15v2 D2 sub on each.

I also have a set of SPX-65C's that I'm not sure what amplifier I'm going to use with them. I have an older Pioneer Premier PRS-X720 that I was thinking to use for those or possibly buying another Skar amplier altogether to power them. 

My question is; how do I go about wiring this up?  Power supply wise. I've read and got A LOT of conflicting information. Crutchfield recommended separate runs to each amplifier but, didn't go beyond that lol. As in where from and to.  

Do I just have one cable from the alternator to my main battery, then one run back to the batteries? Should I go directly from the alternator to the rear batteries? I'm confused lol.   What size cable should I be using for these runs as well?  That's honestly my biggest hangup right now.  I have four dual 2/0 in to one 1/0 out connectors to run to each amps power and ground respectively.   

I typed out like 7 long paragraphs, then lost it when I got a phone call. So I'll just summarize.

Honestly I don't think a 240 amp alternator is big enough for two 4500 watt amps. And with that much power, lithium banks may be your best bet... If you go with AGM, I'd personally want at least 500ah of reserve capacity. But I tend to think more electrical upgrades are needed than lots of other people too.

As far as AGM batteries go, there's options that have more AH for the same amount of money. Even if you want to stay with the XS brand. If they are not under the hood, the XS XP3000 for instance.

I haven't looked up those amplifiers, but for two 4500 watt Amps, I'd be running AT LEAST 2 runs of power and 2 runs of ground of AT LEAST 1/0 gauge wire from the front battery to the rear batteries and then to a distro block, then you can go from the distro block to the amps with your four dual 2/0 to 1/0 inputs.

Batteries can be wired in parallel. In which case... You only need the alternator hooked to the cranking battery under the hood. But make sure your big 3 is done with 1/0 at least. 

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

To piggy back off what @Backwoods said, I'm going to be pushing 2 Sundown Salt 4's and I found that the best solution for be will be a Limitless Lithium Cyber 12k. I also have a Mechman 370 though. But instead of spending $1400 ish on 3 AGM's, and a ton of dough on about 300' of 1/0 OFC, (because of 4 runs from the front battery to the back 2 batteries in my truck... bla bla bla) I'm going to do 2 runs of 1/0 from my alternator to the bed of the truck, then a run for positive and negative back to the front for the battery delete. Much cheaper and from what I've read, Lithium is better for big systems because of the quick discharge and recharge capabilities, and they last longer than AGM's. That's what I've read, I haven't had the chance to actually experience this yet

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Sadly, the largest alt I could find was 300A but, couldn't dish out the extra$$$.  I can't do dual alts either. I won't be demoing this for longer than 30 seconds EVER. It's my daily driver. Maybe a burp here and there if I decide to go to comps for shits n giggles.  I'm just trying to figure out what exactly I would need to keep my amplifiers happy. 

Like I said, no batteries have been purchased yet, I still have the stock battery under the hood so, I'm definitely open to suggestions as to quantity and manufacturer. 

Archived