LordArcane Posted March 9, 2021 Report Posted March 9, 2021 Nice build man. Love the clam shell and the door pods came out great. I want to do pods for my doors but im scared to mess it up
dog24fret Posted March 9, 2021 Author Report Posted March 9, 2021 2 hours ago, LordArcane said: Nice build man. Love the clam shell and the door pods came out great. I want to do pods for my doors but im scared to mess it up Thank you. Yeah it is turning out better than I expected. Thanks the door pods had me scared to death to be honest about it. I messed up many times. Just had to correct it has I went. So just take your time and dive in. Do like I did. Ask for a lot of advise from better installers and builders. I don't think I would have done this as well as I have so far without the help. Majority of this is stuff I've never done before. Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
dog24fret Posted April 9, 2021 Author Report Posted April 9, 2021 Gave the XS batts a face-lift Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
dog24fret Posted April 9, 2021 Author Report Posted April 9, 2021 Wires ran the best I could. Not one rca,speaker wire crosses power at any point. Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
dog24fret Posted April 9, 2021 Author Report Posted April 9, 2021 Let the upper part of the trimpanel is opened to help with airflow. Along with the big holes on the sides and gap around the amps. Should cool pretty decently. If I have to add more fans later I have the spots and room. Still have to cut the lower part to match the angles. Tempted to leave it honestly lol Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
dog24fret Posted June 5, 2021 Author Report Posted June 5, 2021 Not a lot done between storms and personal life issues. I went with some advice of using 🧲 instead of screws for the trim panels. So I did and really liked how well they worked. All that is left is trying to fix a few mistakes. Install the batts and braces. Then when the cab section is done I will be able to start powering it up. Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
Dafaseles Posted June 5, 2021 Report Posted June 5, 2021 I've been waiting for an update on this one! 2011 Chevy Silverado under construction My build log here. Check it out!
dog24fret Posted June 5, 2021 Author Report Posted June 5, 2021 The other part I'm got some progress on is the center console. I ended up scrapping the other one after days of work. Went a different route all together. I was jealous of the lighted cup holders in the wife's jeep. So I made me some a little different than all the ones I've seen done. I did sand the inside cutout so it isn't clear. It will allow me for some dulling and filtering of the light. I don't want crazy bright or ray. Want it to kinda flow in a soft glow. We will see if I screwed up or not. I will have my processor and a power plug with USB plugs in this section. I will also have a 800 watt max inverter inside the console. Will start laying out the lights and power switch for the inverter next. Then when my landau foam gets in. I will flow the transition from the dash trim inward for a smooth flow. Same will be done where the back joins the front. Then do final rounding and start to vinyl the console. After this it is trim panels for the enclosure. Soooo close to the end but so far 🥴 Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
dog24fret Posted June 5, 2021 Author Report Posted June 5, 2021 3 minutes ago, Dafaseles said: I've been waiting for an update on this one! Sorry. Been hard to get anything done worth posting. Today was the most time I got to spend on it in about a month. Having 30 minutes at a time freaking sucks and and near impossible to get anywhere. Now we have more storms coming but I can work on this section any ways woot. I'm just want to hear it already 😪 lol Cowboy Escort GrAnny ThUmper The Burp
BP1Fanatic Posted June 29, 2021 Report Posted June 29, 2021 GREAT work on the doors! I like the box design. 2011 Ford Crown Vic LX, LActrical 240A alternator, A6 Pro, Orion Cobalt CBT.3500.4, 2 CO652C's, CBT.4500.1, 8 JBL GX1200's in an Isobaric BP4.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.