I got 2 15in American bass XFLs with a 2000w skar rp-mono 2-channel. They’re in a good box tuned to 32hz. The subs are wired parallel in the box they’re DVC. So each sub is +/+ -/- then to amp. I have them wired to 1 channel instead of both.when my subs hit a certain note it sounds like it bottoms out or the voice coil? Subs are not blown and work completely fine with only 1 hooked up. Can someone help me and tell me what I’m doing wrong? Thanks!

Just because a mono amp has 2 sets of inputs and outputs, it's still mono. Not a 2 channel. Go ahead and hook them up normal and see if that helps. They're DVC, but dual what ohm? How many ohms is the amp seeing? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

You have the gain turned up too much and you are sending clipped signal to them subwoofers which is causing the voice coil to travel too far each way. Just turn the gain down on that amp until that noise goes away or if you keep that gain where it’s at, then eventually any subwoofer would stop working. No matter that subwoofers rms. Clipping is what damages subwoofers more than anything. A 500 rms amp clipping on a 3500 rms subwoofer would blow that subwoofer eventually. Clipping is culprit for blowing subwoofers. Not rms. Just because it sounds louder when you turn up the gain doesn’t mean it’s louder, nor should it be done. That make believe louder sound people hear when an amps gain is turned up too much is just a high pitch frequencies along with the bass notes that damage subwoofers and sound louder when it actually isn’t louder, it’s just extra distortion noise playing at the same time the bass frequencies play. Them subwoofers can handle more rms than recommended and way more rms than you are putting out. Subwoofers impedance rises where that amp is never seeing 1 ohm and you are never putting out 2000 rms. 1 ohm rises to around 2-2.5 ohm or more. Put them subwoofers on a taramps md5000.1 or a taramps smart 3. Those amps are cheap and have clip meters so you can tune your amp properly. Or invest in a bigger Skar amp and a dd1. If you have to turn an amps gain up to where you hear mechanical noise on a 2000 rms amp that’s putting out about half that rms on some 2000 rms subwoofers, then invest in a bigger amp instead of damaging your subwoofers. Buy a bigger amp and tune it correctly and then you won’t have to keep buying subwoofers because of clipping.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• 2 weeks later...

What do you recommend?? Need to power 2 12" alpine type x 900rms 2500 peak each. Ported enclosure tuned to 32. I have a xsd3400r battery already but stock 160amp alternator.  I really don't wanna mess with an aftermarket alternator being a lexus and a nightmare to install $$$$$$. I was thinking on a orion xtr2500.1dz. Great ratings even at lower voltage.

Archived