Wiring Volt Meters

Looking for the best & correct way to wire in volt meters to meter (alternator, front batteries & rear battery bank and last directly at the amps). I understand the positive to positive and negative to negative , but in the sense of wiring it to the batteries or alternator what would be your trigger source. Last whats the best way to wire into the amps directly to see accurate voltage your amps are getting.  👍🏻

I have a physical switch instead of a trigger. Trigger would be remote turn on wire that turns on the amplifiers.

Voltage is constant in Parallel DC Circuit.

Long runs of cable will cause a measurable voltage drop. Your batteries and alternator should read the same unless its externally regulated. same with rear batteries and amplifier.

I suggest to have the meter directly attached to +12v and Ground going to amplifier, directly to front battery 12v and ground and run them to a switch so you can turn it on and off whenevers.

I feel it’s good to always know what everything is doing, but at the end of the day I’m only measuring my amp voltage. Meter wired into the power and negative directly at my amp. 

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Archived