Sonic Electronix

Recommendation for daughter's first build.

So we got our baby basshead a 2007 nitro. She wants to compete and possibly hairtrick but I'm not wanting to spend a ton on her first system. I'm running crossfire in my durango and am about to post my build in the build log. I'd like it all to match but I don't think I'm going to stay under budget doing that. On my radar are 2-15" Crossfire c7s, resilient sounds platinums, skar vxf(I like the price tag) and sundown x's. Anything else I should throw in the mix? Amp wise it's probably gonna be either the sundown sfb 5k or 8k or the deaf bonce aab4900 or 7900. I don't like the taramps 4ch and I think Korean is out of our budget. Any other amps I should look at?

Resized_20210110_112151.jpeg

Them: "Why does my amp keep cutting out?"

Me: "What is your ohm load?"

Them: "What's an ohm load?"

Off topic but.... man I hope 1 of my daughters gets into big car audio! 

Anyway, amp wise, all solid choices. Sub wise, again, I obviously have my opinions, but I don't think you could go wrong either way. I'm just going to add FI and Incriminator to your list of good brands. Again, just my opinion. 

Should do a build log though. We love to see a good install! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

10 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Off topic but.... man I hope 1 of my daughters gets into big car audio! 

Anyway, amp wise, all solid choices. Sub wise, again, I obviously have my opinions, but I don't think you could go wrong either way. I'm just going to add FI and Incriminator to your list of good brands. Again, just my opinion. 

Should do a build log though. We love to see a good install! 

I looked at the death row. Xmax was lacking. Again I've never tried to hair trick. I've always been sql not spl. She thought mine was loud. 141.1 in the kick with 1 15 behing the 3rd row of a durango until she went to IFO this year. She got hooked. She took pride in sitting in a car that had 8 Tapouts in a row and she didn't budge.

Screenshot_20200909-193533_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200909-193406_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200909-193607_Photos.jpg

2 hours ago, dnewell2004 said:

I looked at the death row. Xmax was lacking. Again I've never tried to hair trick. I've always been sql not spl. She thought mine was loud. 141.1 in the kick with 1 15 behing the 3rd row of a durango until she went to IFO this year. She got hooked. She took pride in sitting in a car that had 8 Tapouts in a row and she didn't budge.

Screenshot_20200909-193533_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200909-193406_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200909-193607_Photos.jpg

Nice! 

My wife and I one day where talking about our daughters (4 and 2 at the moment) and she said she just wants our daughters to be smart, go to college, and be happy. I said, I want at least one to come up to me when they get a car and say "I want to be louder than all the boys" 🤣

I'm sure whatever you decide to go with, it'll be a good choice. She'll be happy, until she wants to upgrade🤣 it's inevitable

She wants to have the loudest stereo at school, she powerlifts so she can make the boys look like girls, gets straight a's in college prep classes and does beauty pageants. A local club wants to have their guy build it so she can be part of the club but she wants her myself and my wife to build it so she can say she did it.. I guess we're going to add box builder to her list of things

3 minutes ago, dnewell2004 said:

She wants to have the loudest stereo at school, she powerlifts so she can make the boys look like girls, gets straight a's in college prep classes and does beauty pageants. A local club wants to have their guy build it so she can be part of the club but she wants her myself and my wife to build it so she can say she did it.. I guess we're going to add box builder to her list of things

I bet you're juiced! I know I would be! 

Them resilient platinums would outdo any of them subwoofers you listed and would do well in smaller enclosures if needed unlike the other subwoofers you listed. Plus resilient sounds owners are cool as shit. That aab 7900 is better than a sfb 8k. Sfb amps are so current hungry. So now that I’m talking about current. What are you thinking on an alternator and battery setup? 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

45 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Plus resilient sounds owners are cool as shit. 

Says the guy who wants platinum 18's 🤣

Just kidding, truth be told, this guy knows his s____!

54 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Says the guy who wants platinum 18's 🤣

I was gonna put a pair on a bass 15k. Platinums are the shit. I just wish they were lower impedance, like .7-.8 per coil instead of a true 1 ohm. The guys at resilient sounds are the shit. They looked out for me. I’m not gonna say, but just know, they are the shit, not just the owners. Plus I’ve called them just to talk about car audio options and things like that and they are there to help and don’t brush people off. Now let me talk about subwoofers. Sundown x subwoofers aren’t spl subwoofers. I was sporting sundown before I went to deaf bonce. And before I was sporting sundown, I was sporting skar. Skar subwoofers are good, but they are cheaply made. Ive never used cf products but I know their products are good, but expensive. From what I’ve seen from cf products, they are good, but overpriced. Good products though. But for the money, them platinums are the way to go. And them platinums are crazy loud and can handle crazy amounts of rms and thrive in any size enclosure. Smaller or larger. And since the cargo area on that vehicle isn’t that big, platinums are the way to go. I know vehicles well too because I’m a used car salesman and we have a dodge nitro on the car lot now and we have had plenty. So I know them well. And about what I decided on them platinums. I decided to keep my deaf bonce 412s instead. Even though I want more cone area, I’m gonna not want too much and see how things go with these deaf bounces. It’s hard to practice humility in car audio. But resilient sounds platinums or teams would be nice :) 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

20 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Them resilient platinums would outdo any of them subwoofers you listed and would do well in smaller enclosures if needed unlike the other subwoofers you listed. Plus resilient sounds owners are cool as shit. That aab 7900 is better than a sfb 8k. Sfb amps are so current hungry. So now that I’m talking about current. What are you thinking on an alternator and battery setup? 

8ga CCA wire on stock alt...🤣

Local shop can't beef up the stock one so I have to look into one. He recommended Ohio Generator but they were one of the most expensive for my durango. As far as battery power I have to figure out how much room I'll have with the enclosure. Keeping the second row seats so she can haul her brothers around so space may be an issue. And alot of guys here in Ohio are running the platinums. They do well but I haven't heard them in one not setup for pure spl. They are all windy and loud tho.

Archived