Second Skin Audio

Sub stage decision for truck behind seat setup

Sky

Im gonna have 1.5 cb ft for the whole box and 1 inch of clearance to the seat.  With that said im looking at these sub options.

3 10in image dynamic idv4 1.2-2.4 sealed $300 i have no first hand experience with this company

1-3 10in sundown sld 1.0 ported $200 each or 2-3 sealed at 1.0-1.5

2ohm dvc

2 subs @ 2ohm       875rms (each)             SLD 10s rms @ 600

3 subs @ 1.34ohm 870rms             image dynamic 10s or SLD 10s

3 subs @ 3ohm       388rms            image dynamic 10s rms 300

4ohm dvc

3 subs @ 2.67ohm 436rms            image dynamics 10s rms @ 300

With that said this is my options for power wise.  I have the power to run 3 of the SLDs and they call for .5 sealed.  I dont really wanna spend $600 on the sld trying to keep this as budget friendly as possible.  While I can get the dynamics for $300 would I be looking at a sever gain in output forking out 2 or 3 slds over the 3 smaller 10s.

It's hard to tell. You might have the air space, but do you have the mounting depth? After you take away 3/4" on each side for wood how much air space do you have? You also have to account for subwoofer displacement. Will you have the minimum air space after that. Does the sub have a pole vent under the motor? That effects mounting depth as well. 

If you posted the different dimensions you have behind your seat would help with making a decision. 

Though, I would say you can't go wrong with those brands. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Im pretty sure 1.5 is after everything besides sub displacement.  Im pretty sure non of them having venting at the back so they would all work with little to no room.   Im looking at getting a box built online so dont have there boc dimensions. https://www.supercrewsound.com/08F250dualwpm.html

I'm going to say if the website it's offering the Image Dynamics subs, go with those. I'm guessing that box is made with those specific subs in mind and 3 will get you loud enough for the space you have. 

I might add.... that's a funky looking box. Not being familiar with that truck, why does it have 3 tiers? It looks like the top of a castle wall..... anyway...... if building your own box is too much of a hassle for you (it's actually easier than you might think), bass is bass. 

The box is made like that to fit the rear power motor and the center seat belt.  Going behind the seats in a 2011 f250 crew cab.  Wont even know the box is in there.  Im parting ways with my soundqubed hdc3 15 which is taking up my entire back seat and would like to have them back.  Ive built all my past boxes but this one is very specific to how it fits in there and just dont have the expertise to do that.  Ive just followed blueprint cut sheets before.

Ported enclosures "get louder", but sealed enclosures get low! I guess it depends on the music toy listen to. But my own personal opinion, if I was in your situation, I'd go 3 10's sealed assuming the power would be the same (1 10" 300 watt rms ported against 3 10" 300 watt rms subs sealed equaling 900 watts total) 

Archived