Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sub stage decision for truck behind seat setup


Sky

Recommended Posts

Posted

If you can swing the extra cost of the higher rms subs, you can give them more power and you will get more output as long as you have the airspace required and the electrical to support the amplifier. But between those options on the same amplifier, you won't hear much difference

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Posted

I found specs on the ID sub, it gives some air space recommendations.  0.05 sub displacement. With that said would 3 subs be over doing it for the box. 
 

https://acd18d33-4461-49d0-9804-8fc4a14d22d2.filesusr.com/ugd/d53db0_5458adc52a63457bb2624c19e763eaf5.pdf

Posted

Looking at that box I'm kind of confused. No matter the configuration (4 8's, 2 10's, 3 10's, 1 12) they're all 1.5 cubic feet gross? 

If that's the case, yeah dude, unfortunately 3 10's I would think would be pushing it. They would work, but it wouldn't be optional at all. It would be a little more than the small enclosure secs from the manufacturer. Again, it would work though. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

 

Posted

The box is 1.5 and I would just choose which amount of subs I would want in it.  So I guess I’ll just do 2 10s.  No sense in spending more money for 3 subs when there’s isn’t even enough room for them. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 694 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...