Car Audio 83 Posted May 22, 2021 Author Report Posted May 22, 2021 Here's the first rack of 4 amps I made, test fitting, everything is close but looking so good
Car Audio 83 Posted May 22, 2021 Author Report Posted May 22, 2021 The first "L" shape part, with the first rack of 4 amps in Then with 2nd rack added Finished L shape + 1rst and 2nd rack + the "Table" for all other things (the towel was removed from the Lithium pack only for the photo, of course I protect a bit when I work). You'll maybe notice, the full rack is made of simple pieces welded, then everything is screwed together, you'll see later why I did this, it was very useful to have a dismountable rack.
Car Audio 83 Posted May 22, 2021 Author Report Posted May 22, 2021 Wanted to do a bit of low power testing, so I painted my rack, put the subwoofers in..... The cars we have in Europe are so small, this is a pain in the butt to get such big woofers inside... Put the first rack of ramps in (4 amps but only 2 wired). Bruno from BCH Audio (ex Extrem 5k world record holder from 2000's with Rockford) And Tadam, outlaw score, 157+ with roughtly 3600w total for all subs (Magnum metered only one amp)
Car Audio 83 Posted May 22, 2021 Author Report Posted May 22, 2021 That's all for tonight, I'll post more tomorrow, someone doesn't want me to post all night long boom boom content
2loud4uboyz Posted May 23, 2021 Report Posted May 23, 2021 I can tell this system will knock the dust out your brain. Looks really clean and loud. And I see your cat likes to get in the way on the computer too, my cat does the same thing. Man what a nice build.
Car Audio 83 Posted May 23, 2021 Author Report Posted May 23, 2021 Next day was good, it toke the whole journey to put all amplifiers in. All 10 monoblocs are installed, the 2 x 4 amps racks for the subs, and the 2 amps for the mids (on the right and the left of the battery pack) So much wiring to do, since every amp has 2 x 2/0 for positive and for negative inputs (that's about 20 positive and 20 negative wires total only for the mono amps).
Car Audio 83 Posted May 23, 2021 Author Report Posted May 23, 2021 And then the "table" for the missing amp, DPS and charger, everything looks cleaner with it as it hides the wires. Now we can test with all 8 amplifiers on the subs. Done a temporary wiring for RCA's, doesn't look nice... 😂😂😂 First test, even if I have no interest in dB Drag, the legal score (power x 8 so not very efficiens in my opinion + the frequency for the legal score is low) Then a bit of testing with an outlaw score (here I'm really satisfied, power is again x 8 so that's 16kw total I think it's not bad). Frequency is a bit on the high so I'll have to modify to lower it.
Car Audio 83 Posted May 23, 2021 Author Report Posted May 23, 2021 4 hours ago, 2loud4uboyz said: I can tell this system will knock the dust out your brain. Looks really clean and loud. And I see your cat likes to get in the way on the computer too, my cat does the same thing. Man what a nice build. Thanks dude, yeah I try to do my best to keep it a bit clean
Car Audio 83 Posted May 24, 2021 Author Report Posted May 24, 2021 I cleaned up the wiring, relocated the DSP and the RCAs box, changed the tweeters amp, added the power supply, and voilà !
SnowDrifter Posted May 24, 2021 Report Posted May 24, 2021 This is intense. Great work!! ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.