Taxed1 Posted August 17, 2021 Author Report Posted August 17, 2021 14 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said: looks pretty good. only 2 things pop out at me. Did you fuse that wiring and how is that battery mounted? Yes there are 2 250 amp fuses up front at the main AGM. The D975 in the back is crunched / sandwiched between the box & the trunk. There is also some heavy duty 3M double sided tape on the amp & battery. The boxed is sealed up from the trunk & is not moving. That battery is solid. Here are some updated pics. The SFB has been replaced with a SIA-3500, OMG what a beast of an amp!! It is like night & day. It is really pushing the 12s now plus it has better crossovers on it. The Pioneer HU, ugh, I fried the pre-amps, the RCA outs no longer work. Long story but while replacing the amp I let the 12 volt remote touch & short out on the RCA wire from the HU. Oh yeah! The Pioneer did not like that. It no longer has output on the rca outs. It’s garbage now & out of warranty anyways. Stupid me had the radio playing while swapping amps. I purchased a new Kenwood & even though it was cheaper than the Pioneer, there are more features & more power for the rca outs & the door speakers. I upgraded the RCA wires to Stinger 6000 series. The alternator also has been replaced to a 220 amp & I got an AGM D3400R up front.
Taxed1 Posted August 17, 2021 Author Report Posted August 17, 2021 More. Temco was out of black welding wire at the time so I used all red. I don’t really care, I know which is positive & negative.
MrSkippyJ Posted August 18, 2021 Report Posted August 18, 2021 Good deal man. I’d add some fuses on any + lead connected to the battery but that’s just me. Solid looking over all though! F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Never Enough Bass Posted August 18, 2021 Report Posted August 18, 2021 Yea I wanna know how that battery is mounted to 06 Charger Pioneer double din Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's 0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 8g karma ss speaker wire Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm 2 Sundown U series 12's Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main) Xs power d3400 Trying to find a ho alt
Taxed1 Posted August 18, 2021 Author Report Posted August 18, 2021 1 hour ago, Never Enough Bass said: Yea I wanna know how that battery is mounted to It’s simply jammed between the box and the side of the trunk. Double sided tape & I slid the box over to the right to jam the battery in then I sealed the box in place. It ain’t moving. Maybe in a roll over crash it can go flying but even still the 4x1/0 wire isn’t going to let it go far, other than that it’s stuck. The XSPower D975 is not that big nor is it chunky. It’s like maybe the size of 3 6volt batteries. 7.83x5.53x6.67 https://4xspower.com/Wattage-Chart.pdf I will take better pictures. You can see the black edge of the box pushing on the battery mid-way. The wood you see behind the battery is like 5 inches back. Weird illusion.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.