Need Recommendations!!

Whatever you go with, make sure you can fit the box into the trunk. Measure your trunk opening before you do anything. 

Also, you're not going to get much more output if you don't upgrade your amp. Pushing different subs, in a different box, with the same amp, you'll be lucky if you gain 3 db. Most likely, you might get a better sound, but usually the volume won't change much. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

1 hour ago, JacobGresham said:

I am upgrading amp as well, I want something that will blow these out of the water that’s why I’m wanting recommendations. What amp should o go with and what subs what’s the best on the market for the money right now?

Well, the first step is deciding how much air space you can get, or willing to give up. The best thing to do is match your new subs, to the amount of air space you have available. You could get dope subs, and a huge amp, but if the air space isn't right, it'll sound like crap. 

On top of that, of you really want to get the absolute most out of your system, you have to go custom box. Gately boxes are the premium, top shelf premade boxes, but they still won't sound as good as of you build a specific box to your specific subs and specific power. 

12 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Well, the first step is deciding how much air space you can get, or willing to give up. The best thing to do is match your new subs, to the amount of air space you have available. You could get dope subs, and a huge amp, but if the air space isn't right, it'll sound like crap. 

On top of that, of you really want to get the absolute most out of your system, you have to go custom box. Gately boxes are the premium, top shelf premade boxes, but they still won't sound as good as of you build a specific box to your specific subs and specific power. 

That's only if Gately makes a box that will fit his car they don't have 1 to fit my car I'm trying to figure out a box for myself now

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

1 hour ago, Never Enough Bass said:

That's only if Gately makes a box that will fit his car they don't have 1 to fit my car I'm trying to figure out a box for myself now

The easiest way is to take measurements of the space you're willing to give up, then either pay someone who knows what they're doing to design a box for you (they use good computer programs to model the frequency and all that good stuff using the t/s parameters. They'll give you a cut sheet as well that is always a huge plus) or download winsld and try to design it yourself. 

Then, if you don't have access to the tools, have a lumberyard cut you the pieces you need. Take those pieces home, glue it and screw it. 

1 hour ago, JacobGresham said:

Ok word!! I’m located Knoxville TN. Where would I go about getting a custom box built and finding out what I should go with specifically. Level 3 or Level 4 DC Audios, should I get Deaf Bounce Apoc, Sundown, Skar? What brand should I be looking at. 

I don't know much about that area. I'm from the west coast. But any stereo shop should be able to hook you up. Just do some homework on the shop. Make sure it's legit. There are a lot of shops out there that don't do good work. A lot of shops will also just build you a box to the manufacturer specs, which isn't always the best (it'll definitely pound, but it can be better), so having your box designed by someone who knows box design, and building it yourself is usually your best bet (if you can). 

As far as brands, all of those brands have a great reputation. But bear in mind, you get what you pay for.

Different brands, even though the subs might have the same RMS, they might need different enclosure sizes and port tunings. So it's important to know how much airspace you have to mess with before you worry about your exact subs. 

Also, keep in mind that if your upping your wattage, you'll probably have to up your electrical as well. If you don't have enough electrical to handle however much power you plan on using, the amp will have to struggle, and you'll end up burning out your amp, and even blowing your subs. All that costs money. So if you have a budget, don't forget that aspect of an install. Your electrical is THE most important part. Followed by the right enclosure, then a quality amp, then some good subs. 

I know there a lot to digest when picking the right system for you. Done right though, it'll last you forever, and you'll be more than happy when you friends jump in your ride and you can malt their faces off 

Who could design a box is the question that's good quality 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

17 minutes ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Who could design a box is the question that's good quality 

We used to have some really good designers on the forum. I don't know if they're still around though. Hopefully one pops up. 

If not, you could always download that program on your computer. It's free. You'll have to play with it a little to get used to it, but people have gotten some really good results from it. 

Also, @Triticum Agricolamhas a great port calculator program he came up with. The link is in one of his pined threads. I've heard people use that and love it. 

Archived