Second Skin Audio

Sub and port layout no wall

Jonrussell18

As fall is around the corner, system upgrades are coming. Well for the people with crew cab silverados with no back seats and a no wall setup, what's the best box configuration? Subs up port up? Subs forward port forward? subs up port back? subs forward port back? You get the idea. 

Box hasn't been built yet, shooting for 17ish cubes @ 28ish Hz with 340ish sq in of port area. But that's subject to change.

Mainly been looking at doing subs forward and port up, as the port could load off the roof. 

Anyone have a port loading off one the driver side rear door?

Just curious how others no wall silverados are doing with their config.

Thanks for any opinions and advice!

9 hours ago, Jonrussell18 said:

As fall is around the corner, system upgrades are coming. Well for the people with crew cab silverados with no back seats and a no wall setup, what's the best box configuration? Subs up port up? Subs forward port forward? subs up port back? subs forward port back? You get the idea. 

Box hasn't been built yet, shooting for 17ish cubes @ 28ish Hz with 340ish sq in of port area. But that's subject to change.

Mainly been looking at doing subs forward and port up, as the port could load off the roof. 

Anyone have a port loading off one the driver side rear door?

Just curious how others no wall silverados are doing with their config.

Thanks for any opinions and advice!

Granted, I don't have any personal, first hand experience on the subject, but being a Silverado owner myself, and paying attention to a lot of builds to get ideas and such, it seems the vast majority is sub and port up. (Until you get into wall territory, then it's usually subs forward, port forward in the middle). I've seen a couple sub down, port side, but nowhere near the amount of sub and port up. 

Sorry I couldn't be more precise, but I hope that helps a little to aid in your decision. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived