Polecat:opinions On Useing These Special L7s In A Sealed Box

Gary's my homie, has been since the 80's...we talk all the time, great friend indeed....matter of fact, he's my son if you ever see him, tell him that LOL :D

Steve, back in the early 90's was doing over 170, which was stupid back them, I think he had 6 10's....but, mics have changed since then as well....so that would proabaly be upper 160's now.

170 off the old term lab Damn, So close to 164 these days.

Very impressive.

Well not much more to bullshit about on this thread.

Thanks for all your help Polecat.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

hay man, anytime, and thanks for also helping pull some great memories :D

No problem Kicker was my first love. There for I would study anything that was related to Kicker.

I know alittle bit pre 97. Then 97 I should beable to answer most questions from 97 to 2002 and I know the L7s like the back of my hand as I have litterly ran all four models of the 10s always in pairs.

If the trade in program was cheap enough for me at this time in life I would be sending you all 4 of my 2006 10s for the 2008s.

But I don't have that kind of money right know and I really like how the cone on the 2006 L7 looks.

Take it easy Polecat.

Jon aka ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Man I wish them subs were still around...they rocked...maybe someday something equally as crazy will come back....hint hint

Ya after gettin to hear them in my own vehicle I want to run them soooo bad but I can't becuase they are collectors items.

The only special Kicker products I don't have for my collection are the 25th aniversery subs.

I will find 25th aniversery XPLs.......

Edited by ISO

Terryswork001.png

Yeah I think a simple L7 sub like those Alma Gates specials should come out on the road, something between a solo X and a L7

just pure beast, not flashy and complicated, just basic, and kick a$$

Also just thought about it, The Beast was free air, wasnt it like 48 10"s?

I know those subs were designed for free air, if they were designed for free air, they should be a high Qts, high Fs subwoofer, so that they are free air, they play lowest free air, or loudest ported....

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.