Second Skin Audio

Box design for a DC Audio lvl 3 12" Dual 2

RachaelM

Hey guys, i got myself a dc lvl 3 12" today and i would love to try a DIY slot port box.

Some background info: car is a nissan tiida sedan, the trunk is sealed from the cabin due to the back seat with the exception of the cup holder/hand rest compartment which folds down giving approximately 12" x 8" path into the trunk . Sub is dual 2 and i have 1000rms to power it. T/s are as follows:

Sub Size 12"
VC Diameter 3.0"
Displacement .16³ ft
Power Handling RMS/Peak 1000/2000
Sd 481cm²
Vas 28.99L
Cms 0.09 mm/n
Mms 225 g
Fs 35.4 Hz
BL 17.2 N/A
Re 3.6 Ohm
Le 3.5 mH
Qms 8.33
Qes 0.617
Qts 0.574
Xmax 23mm
Ref SPL @ 1 watt 85

My goal is a daily set up for deep and loud, i want to get as nasty as i can with that power and maybe around 33-35hz, whatever yall recommend. I know my way around a box so am hoping more of optimal net vol and port area and ill handle the actual design.

thankss a mil. Happy new year to u all!!

I did 2.5 and 28 inches of port for 2 at 34hz it’s pretty loud but the are the lvl3 M1 I know mine are 600 watts and pushed them with about 1300 for the pair  the box works can’t remember how low it plays though And they are in my nephews car now

10 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

I did 2.5 and 28 inches of port for 2 at 34hz it’s pretty loud but the are the lvl3 M1 I know mine are 600 watts and pushed them with about 1300 for the pair  the box works can’t remember how low it plays though And they are in my nephews car now

I believe the one i got today is rated 1000rms

11 minutes ago, Joe X said:

What's your amp model ?

The ct sounds 900.1, 900rms @ 12v 1200rms at 14v. But the nissan tidda stock 140amp alt voltage regulator drops my voltage to 13v once the agm battery i got is charged thats why i want to make the most for approx 1000rms which is what the amp may put out at that voltage. I did a big 3 though.

42 minutes ago, RachaelM said:

The ct sounds 900.1, 900rms @ 12v 1200rms at 14v. But the nissan tidda stock 140amp alt voltage regulator drops my voltage to 13v once the agm battery i got is charged thats why i want to make the most for approx 1000rms which is what the amp may put out at that voltage. I did a big 3 though.

I just entered the t/s on winisd and i really like the 2cubes net tuned to 34hz. What will be optimal port area though? Well based on my goal, power and car.

1 hour ago, Joe X said:

I would do 1.75 net @ 34Hz with 25 square inches of port area, it's meant to boost 3db at tuning, doing 2 net just gets a little more peaky.

Joe buddy thanks.

2 questions, will that design equal a deep loud everyday box that best suit my needs and power? Its more for a SQL set up if i can say, want to be a musical loud and i don't mind a peaky response between 32-66hz so

And 25 square inches, is that enough?

1 hour ago, RachaelM said:

Joe buddy thanks.

2 questions, will that design equal a deep loud everyday box that best suit my needs and power? Its more for a SQL set up if i can say, want to be a musical loud and i don't mind a peaky response between 32-66hz so

And 25 square inches, is that enough?

I stand by the spec I am giving you to 1200 WRMS just watch out for shady calculators, poor box layout or build quality, firing up (port or driver) to the trunk lid, bad wiring, poor gains settings and you know, such pitfalls.

34 minutes ago, Joe X said:

I stand by the spec I am giving you to 1200 WRMS just watch out for shady calculators, poor box layout or build quality, firing up (port or driver) to the trunk lid, bad wiring, poor gains settings and you know, such pitfalls.

Hey joe. 1 more thing. Both winisd and 12volt giving different port lengths. Can you give me an assist in getting the correct length? The box with be 1.75net, 12.5" x 2". The port will have 2 free ends, no kerf or anything.

Archived