Electrical to run 7000watts

27 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Dc Power makes nice alternators. Wicked nice..ive had 3 in my time. Besides the alt, and your truly going to make thar power, ... reserve is what id be focusing on, as dual alts in this rig, would be more issues than its worth. Best of luck mate. 

For the price tag I hope it’s good!! I’m sure it’ll be a great alternator. I’m not even sure if it would be possible to run two alternators in the 4Runner with the way the alternator is stuffed in the bottom of the engine bay.  I’d like to get two agms and an upgraded battery under the hood and be done with it. I don’t want to go lithium and do a battery delete. Thanks!

13 hours ago, Mattc43 said:

For the price tag I hope it’s good!! I’m sure it’ll be a great alternator. I’m not even sure if it would be possible to run two alternators in the 4Runner with the way the alternator is stuffed in the bottom of the engine bay.  I’d like to get two agms and an upgraded battery under the hood and be done with it. I don’t want to go lithium and do a battery delete. Thanks!

I ran a dc 10k and dc 175.4 in a blazer a hundred years ago. Singer 350, a d3100, and 2 d7500s (xs power) for a while, and it held fine. It dipped when i really leaned on it,  but i was NEVER ever concerned at all. I did eventually go 2 alts and more reseve, but while i was there with the single alt and the mentioned reserve, i could have been more than fine for ever. I think youll be fine. If you drop well below battery rest, add another battery. Also, despite what you read on here, of people losing their shit because they drop below 14-13 volt, its completely fine to see high 11s all day long. Thats just under battery rest, and fine. (You may drop when say, idling and leaning on it at a stop sign or what have you) 

This CAR/vehicle audio thing, is in fact 12 volt,...  if ya feel me. 

Good luck, .. start a build log when ya get it rolling, or if you already have, and i couldnt find it, link it to me. 

Cheers mate, and happing bangin..

KB

18 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

I ran a dc 10k and dc 175.4 in a blazer a hundred years ago. Singer 350, a d3100, and 2 d7500s (xs power) for a while, and it held fine. It dipped when i really leaned on it,  but i was NEVER ever concerned at all. I did eventually go 2 alts and more reseve, but while i was there with the single alt and the mentioned reserve, i could have been more than fine for ever. I think youll be fine. If you drop well below battery rest, add another battery. Also, despite what you read on here, of people losing their shit because they drop below 14-13 volt, its completely fine to see high 11s all day long. Thats just under battery rest, and fine. (You may drop when say, idling and leaning on it at a stop sign or what have you) 

This CAR/vehicle audio thing, is in fact 12 volt,...  if ya feel me. 

Good luck, .. start a build log when ya get it rolling, or if you already have, and i couldnt find it, link it to me. 

Cheers mate, and happing bangin..

KB

Thanks! Yeah now I am considering lithium 🤷🏻‍♂️ I feel like agms would do just fine though. I have also finally decided on what amp I’ll use and that’ll be the Taramps smart bass 5k. I have 4 DB arnolds (6.5s) too so I’m gonna need a decently powerful multichannel too. I do have a build log! Haven’t updated in quite awhile tho 😅 happy bangin to you too

Archived