I have 4 18" fi sp4 v1's I plan on doing a build with, it's either going to be a folded flat wall or a 4th, the issue I have with the 4th is according to recommended specs they need 4-6cuft per sub sealed but I can only fit around 3cuft per sub sealed, so wasn't sure if that would be enough to use them properly in a 4th order or not 

This is the in car performance of the Fi SP4 18 in a Qtc= 0.707 box (in yellow) vs a 3 cubic feet in red sealed boxes:

sea.png

So you be the judge, the smaller the rear (sealed) chamber of a 4th bandpass is the less low end you will get.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CountryBeast199 said:

Hmm ok, I'm now debating even doing a 4th, if i do I can squeeze 3.5 per sealed but I may just do another ported wall or a standard box, idk yet 

You’ll be fine with 3 cuft sealed per sub in a 4th order…those box modeling programs need to be taken with a grain of salt since they don’t actually give a accurate cabin gain response graph….I run a 4th order and mine are in around 3cuft sealed per sub and I absolutely murder the lows compared to what my box program suggested it would be…it was about 3 db off of what I got with actual real world cabin gain 

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Archived