Second Skin Audio

Thoughts on best 10 inch subwoofer?

Original Wis

Ok, so I'm kind of back at the drawing board on this. I originally went with 4 CT Sounds Tropo 10 on a Taramps Smart 3 but I have an opportunity to do a massive upgrade because reasons.

I have 4 to 4.8 cubic feet of air space.

My budget is $500 bucks maximum for each sub, or $2,000 max.

I have electrical infrastructure to support up to 7,000 watts.

I'm not doing 2 12's, 1 15, or any setup that's outside of my current interest. I've done those already. I'm trying something different this time.

I've looked at the following:

Sae and U series from Sundown

DC Audio level 3 and 4

B2 audio riot

DD audio Psw

American bass, Kicker, Skar, Def Bonce, Memphis, Toro, Massive won't fit.

Part of the reason for my indecision on the subject is that I don't want to spend $2,000 on a set of subwoofers without getting some opinions and doing some research into the purchase to make sure that I don't have buyers remorse 6 months down the line

Goal is to keep the system for the foreseeable future. The problem that I've had is that I haven't been able to build loud enough so that I don't outgrow it in 3-6 months. Pretty much everything I've heard under 2k watts hasn't done it. My buddy has a Sundown zv6 15 on a T 2500bdcp right now and it's not even close to what I'm looking for.

For those who don't like loud b/c reasons, keep in mind that I don't play loud in parking lots of neighborhoods. Only streets and highways 2+ miles away from home. Besides that being an inconsiderate move, I don't see the benefit of announcing to everyone living near me that there's goodies for the taking. Everyone has their own level of tolerance for loud, and I know that mines doesn't mesh well with sound quality.

So, that's the needle that I'm looking for in the hay stack. Any thoughts?

well with 4.8 cubes and you want to do 4? ported   they are all out you don't have enough cubic feet for 4 ported well didn't look at the sundowns.... pretty sure my 4 lvl3 10s 

box came out to over 5 with 13.5 per sq of port area per cube id have to look not sure if specs are in my signature or not

looks like it was 4.2 cubic before port and sub displacement thats another 1 to 2 cubic feet

On 9/28/2022 at 3:35 PM, CstrokerV said:

well with 4.8 cubes and you want to do 4? ported   they are all out you don't have enough cubic feet for 4 ported well didn't look at the sundowns.... pretty sure my 4 lvl3 10s 

box came out to over 5 with 13.5 per sq of port area per cube id have to look not sure if specs are in my signature or not

looks like it was 4.2 cubic before port and sub displacement thats another 1 to 2 cubic feet

I'm doing 8 inch aeroport to save space. And yeah, 4.8 is the sweet spot for a lot of different 10's

DC Level 4. You can support up to 7k, but you can also upgrade down the line (add more power) which leaves room to get louder by adding said power. The other subs you listed would probably be fine on lower power, but you will probably out grow them fairly quick and be looking to upgrade. The FI X v3 would be a viable option.

Archived