Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking to run one of these as an alternate set up to what I have for my daily driver. I plan on using my 18" Fi Neo 4.11 (Dual 0.7). Has anyone run this amp consistently at 0.35? I'd like to utilize this amp as much as I can. 

 

 

 

 

Posted

running it at .35 ohms ! good luck with that 

if i were you i'd put the build on hold , save up to get a Korean board 

 

Posted

Which Smart Bass 5k you trying to run?  The .5-2ohm model or the 1-2ohm model?

 

I'm currently looking at this amp to power my ZV4-15 as I'm only clamping 1850watts with my Orion hcca 3000.1 at 1ohm nominal

Posted
39 minutes ago, Nofx230 said:

Which Smart Bass 5k you trying to run?  The .5-2ohm model or the 1-2ohm model?

 

I'm currently looking at this amp to power my ZV4-15 as I'm only clamping 1850watts with my Orion hcca 3000.1 at 1ohm nominal

The Smart 5 is 1-2 ohm. The Smart 5 Bass is 0.5-2ohm. The bass in the smart series is stable to 0.5 ohm.

 

Posted

awe yes   minor overlook on my part.  so both these amps can take up to 4v rca inputs? because iv heard some of the other series don't like much more than 2v or 2.5v

Posted
19 hours ago, Nofx230 said:

awe yes   minor overlook on my part.  so both these amps can take up to 4v rca inputs? because iv heard some of the other series don't like much more than 2v or 2.5v

That's the word on the street. I've had a smart 3 running off a Kenwood headunit that's 5V pre-out and it didn't have any issues. I'm currently running a Smart 3 bass on similar pre-out voltage with no issues.

Posted
7 hours ago, pnutz37 said:

That's the word on the street. I've had a smart 3 running off a Kenwood headunit that's 5V pre-out and it didn't have any issues. I'm currently running a Smart 3 bass on similar pre-out voltage with no issues.

Well that’s more reassuring to hear.   I ain’t got the coin right now for a big half bridge, maybe I’ll wait and do more research on the matter. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 826 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...