Bass14 has a ranger and two DC lvl 4 12's and can make hair move, we usually do it pritty low. like 23-26 hz i think we did it at, his windows where movin in an out about 3/4 of and inch an his dash was movin like crazy.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Is it a wall? I think if you have a box below the rear windows in an extended cab with subs aimed up, you might get some cabin gain vs a wall from floor to ceiling.

Whatever happens, please post some vids. I am going with 3 smaller Crunch amps 1500 rms, and would love to see some pics/vids of yours!

by db drag rules it is considered a wall. to me it just a big ass box. 26.5x30x24. the only problems i am having with the 1500's is that i have a new style from this year and a old style from last year. this years model is alot more powerful so my 12's are only getting 200 watts apiece. this will work for now. i am waiting on another new style 1500. it was ordered today. once i get that in a tuned i will post vids. it should come within the next day or so. and it will take me a little bit to get a vid up. i have to hook up with my boss and use him cam to do the vid.

----reference's----

meade916

My old pickup used to gain like crazy with the passenger door closed and driver's door open. With everything closed it was 3-4dB quieter..

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

My old pickup used to gain like crazy with the passenger door closed and driver's door open. With everything closed it was 3-4dB quieter..

thats the same way mine is. it gets loud and nasty with the windows/doors open. but wheni seal the cabin it souns factory

----reference's----

meade916

I had mine arranged subs up ports up. How are yours arranged?

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

My Youtube Videos

I had mine arranged subs up ports up. How are yours arranged?

subs and port forward. there aren't to many options for me. i have to leave the rear drivers side seat. and it would be kinda hard to do anything else with 4 12's is a extended cab truck

----reference's----

meade916

Here's a few snaps of how I had mine arranged up. Not great gear, I only had two small Sony amps on these subs but still wanged hard. Your car is a little bigger so you might be able to fit what you want easily.

navspec-1.jpg

lineup.jpg

And my SPL at just over 40Hz

nav.jpg

Got any pics of yours?

My Youtube Videos

i got a build thread i will put up a link in a minute. i cant do a box like that. i have to have room behind the drivers seat for my son.

EDIT: here ya go

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry332821

nothing special but hopefully this week i can switch out my 1 amp for the new style and get it on a mic.

Edited by reinke

----reference's----

meade916

shit i gain alot of DB as soon as i open my doors. i have to have my windows down for it to sound like i even have a system. if they are anything but wide open it sounds like ass.

The reason why your truck sounds alot louder when the doors are open or when the windows are down is because you are getting a standing wave in the vehicle. This is when the wave from the subs cancel eachother out due to the wavelength paths colliding. In a very loud vehicle the wavelength from the sub or subs move across the roof and floor and crest at the dash or head rest resulting in the stereo to be really loud inside the vehicle. When you open the door you are allowing the subs to get more airspace and the wave changes, making the system a whole lot louder. I also have this problem in my car in the way it loads. No matter what I do to fix it I can only help it some, but not completely eliminate it. I can also do a hair trick in my car with the subs in the trunk. If I play the system with one of the doors open and someone is standing there you can see their clothes moving all over the place.

thanks all night long that made alot of sense. my boss if putting the finishing touches on a new box for me. the same 4 12's the same power just a smaller box tuned a little lower and downfiring. hopefully i like it. he says if this is not loud then i am retarded. LOL. no seriously though he said this will be way louder than the box i built

----reference's----

meade916