wish i knew how to do that shit. I want to swap a different motor into my car but dont even have the slighest idea what to do

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

why the hell did it take 6 hours to get ur motor out... me and a buddy were able to do a complete motor swap (d15B) from the first bolt off to the new engine runnin in 3 1/2 hours

Do you read ur own response b4 you post?...or just type ur gut reaction and headbutt the enter key? :blink:

How bout this, the Caddy sounds so damn good it can put a smile on a "deaf mans" face :)

mat then mix hardener into resin and soak mat. beeeeeyaw glassing for n00bs

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

You said the magic words.....ME AND A BUDDY.... BUDDY DON'T come around much over here!!! Especially when work is involved. Not to mention 3 kids and a wife...You dig what I am sayin??????? You can come over and help me tommorow if you would like..

Edited by zaxfire69

X2

we did a stock I6 to 331 bored and stroked V8 Shortblock on a 65 Mustang in several days.

BUT- we did do much more than just the swap, so idr exactly how long that took itself

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

See the main thing about this deal is during shipping of the motor, Throttle Position Sensor, Map Sensor, Fuel Regulator was damaged. On my old engine the I can reuse the map sensor and fuel regulator, but the TPS sensor I am going to have to order, because on my original engine the TPS sensor is held in my rivits..Gotta order the TPS and the fuel line for the y8 style manifold along with various gaskets.. See it isn't just pull the old motor out and drop new one in. I have to take the tranny off and it is like I am swapping a Y8 style manifold and harness and distributor. And me doing things i do them right the first time so I don't have to do them again. Which = slow as Christmas...

you can always drill those rivets out...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

trainman, just wanted to tell you thank you for inspiring me to try again this morning. Yesterday I tried to drill the rivits out of the old TPS and gave up. I said to hell with it I will just go an order another. After reading your post this morning. I went back out tried again and SUCCESS>>>>TPS is out and ready to bolt up. Going in today.. Man to that fellow that said he and his friend did this in 3 hours I SAY BS>>you may have just dropped a motor in, but I had to do the whole nine yards. Basically pull motor and tranny, take all the connectors for the wiring harness off of my US motor and put onto the JDM motor. The Intake's were different and did not have all the emissions crap the US motors have so I am having to fab connections for the EVAP PURGE Solenoid. Had to replace clutch, stab tranny by my lonesome. Bolt tranny back up replace wiring harness now I am at the point to where I have to go and buy a throttle cable cause mine was almost broke. Get all neccassary fluids and hopefully around 10 or 11 this morning be putting the motor back in. Thanks Trainman0978 for inspiring me this morning. :lol:

Edited by zaxfire69