How Well Does Knukonceptz Klm 1/0 Work?

Well As most of you may know, Knukonceptz has the 1/0 cable for $1.75 a foot. It says its 90% aluminum and 10% copper.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLM0BL

Anyone know how well this stuff works? Or should I go with all copper wiring? Please explain why.

Thanks in advance all!

Well As most of you may know, Knukonceptz has the 1/0 cable for $1.75 a foot. It says its 90% aluminum and 10% copper.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLM0BL

Anyone know how well this stuff works? Or should I go with all copper wiring? Please explain why.

Thanks in advance all!

I would say it depends on the amount of current your drawing.

Rebuild coming soon

I would say it depends on the amount of current your drawing.

Well Im running right now 1 Crunch GP3000D to a 12" BTL

Hopefully come the end of summer i will have 2 GP3000Ds to two 12" BTLs totaling about 6kwrms.

So would you all suggest purchasinga little nicer cable? Im tight on money somewhat and im looking to buy about 100ft of the stuff so I can do two runs to the trunk for extra batteries, big 3, and redo my other amp wiring to 1/0 as well. Im figuring 100ft would be enough and some to do all that.

I have heard there is a guage difference in current. 4 gauge of copper is equall to 3 guage of the aluminum.

So you need one guage bigger in aluminum to get the same current transffer from copper.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

that wire will work just fine if you want to "look" of 1/0 wire and you don't care about the "function" of 1/0 wire.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

You won't catch me useing it. inless someone sells it to me without telling me.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I am a stinger guy and my local shop sells it for $8.00 or more a foot but if you go to Darvex you can get that same wire for around $4.25 a foot.

Terryswork001.png