Jump to content

Rca Jacks On Head Unit That Are Not Used....


Recommended Posts

Posted

What do yo guys do with any RCA inputs/outputs that are not in use on the back of the head unit??? I usually just tape them up with electrical tape, but living in Texas heat added to any heat aroud the head unit in the dash makes electrical tape adhesive get messy!

They have to be covered because if they touch metal in the dash that could invite electrical noise into the system, right?

Anywhere I can buy a bulk bag of those little rubber boots to put on each one?

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

Posted

i never buy a HU the has the RCA'S on a wire lead. but, wheni do installs with those types of HU's i just leave them alone. i have not had a single problem in over 10 years

----reference's----

meade916

Posted
i never buy a HU the has the RCA'S on a wire lead. but, wheni do installs with those types of HU's i just leave them alone. i have not had a single problem in over 10 years

I hear ya. I have 2 head units, an Alpine 9856 and a Jensen 9312. I know not in the same league as eachother, the Alpine has great SQ, but the Jensen is a touchscreen unit with all kinds of inputs and outputs, and I have a rear camera, and PS2 connected to it, too.

It has 3 sets of outputs, 3 sets of inputs, 2nd touchscreen input/output, 2 video outs, J-link for the ipod and it also has satellite radio RCA's. All on wires!

I really want an Avic D3 or an Alpine unit with a screen, but it'll do for now.

I'll keep an ear out for any probs with it, but will not worry about the RCAs.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

Posted

theres lil plastic tips that you can get for the RCAs. that works fine. also if you DONT cover them you wont really have a problem. ive never covered them and i never had a sound with RCAs except that i had a bad unit.

but steer clear of the electrical tape. like you said it gets hot and they get messy

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

 

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

 

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

 

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Posted

If they come with the plastic covers on them I leave them, if not I don't do anything.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 999 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...